Brewer Fanatic

Brewers streak versus Pirates...should it get more attention?

I don't think you can blame ESPN that this is not a gripping national story line. They are only showing what most the viewers care about.

Is there really all that many national stories in sports? Most people are interested in their team and what effects their team. I really doubt Joba Chamberlain is really all that big a story nationally either. I do not think a majority of people who watch ESPN are all that interested in him going less than 6 innings and giving up four runs. Granted the Yankee audience is bigger than the Brewer audience but it is far from a majority. So if they really want to have a national appeal they need to cover stories relevant to the league and all it's teams. Not just the biggest ones. That would mean covering unusual things like exceptionally long winning streaks. It's got to be at least as interesting as the Dodgers having the longest home winning streak to start a season.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I stopped watching Baseball Tonight and Sportscenter years ago.

That. My life has been so much more enjoyable http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Ever since then it's been nothing but Yankees/Red Sox, or as a friend call them, YESNESNPN

That's good stuff right there. I definitely want to steal that.

I don't think you can blame ESPN that this is not a gripping national story line.

I agree completely. Really, what's the story here? A good team has whipped the pants off a terrible team for the past two seasons. So what? What's so compelling that Brewers fans should feel slighted? This is just a sample size thing anyway, as the streak will get broken sometime soon... probably this year. Now, if the streak is carried into next season then maybe there's something to discuss. I really don't see it as any more than that the Brewers are good, & the Bucs are anything but. A few plays break differently even just this season & there's not even a streak to talk about.

EDIT: I just saw in the other thread that this streak actually appears to be closing in on a MLB record... if that's the case, then my feelings are different. I still won't feel slighted or anything, but it would seem like a good story on which to report, ESPN or otherwise.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I stopped watching Baseball Tonight and Sportscenter years ago.

That. My life has been so much more enjoyable http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

MLB Network only adds to the enjoyment.

Archived