Brewer Fanatic

Constructive stuff when bored

jaybird2001wi

I work odd days: every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday and whenever I have my usual Tuesday or Thursday days off I sometimes have no idea what to do. You can only do so much cleaning, household chores before you realize there is nothing left to do. And I can't sit still and enjoy a DVD all by myself when my friends and such are at their Mon-Fri jobs.

I try to look up baseball stats daily but even that gets repetitive. I am starting to have the entire 1970's baseball era memorized. Suggestions?

one thing i did most every day when i was unemployed and had a lot of free time is take a book to the park. just sit on the bench reading and watching people.

you could look into community classes on the days you have off, like photography or stained glass.

ok, so i just looked it up and the world's largest bobblehead is 11' tall and weighs 900 lbs. it's tough to beat a bobblehead of Chuck Woolery (no kidding), but i really think with all your extra time you can really beat that record. What'd be cool is you could make it of your favourite player/celebrity and once you break the record, you'd probably get to meet them. hmmm...I may have to start building my own Elisha Dushku bobblehead....

I would suggest bike riding. Depending on where you live, there is probably a bike trail close to you. The Oak Leaf trail goes all over Milwaukee, it even branches off to the Hank Aaron trail so you can ride to a game. The bike trails are almost always safe from traffic if that's a concern.

Golf is something I wish I had more time to do. If you collect anything, you can build/set up a new display. The other thing I enjoy doing alone is record shopping. That might not be for you, but there are some really good record (vinyl) stores around that have tons of good stuff. Most records are fairly cheap, and nothing beats walking out of a store with a record you've been searching for over a good period of time.

• 3 weeks later...
Brewing your own beer sounds like a good hobby. Fishing would be enjoyable as well. Can be a pretty cheap hobby unless you get really into all the different lures and stuff.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived