Brewer Fanatic

2009-05-05 Brewers (Suppan) at Pirates (Snell): 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-5]

crewcrazy
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It didn't appear to be profanity, but Fielder could easily hear them as there are only 50 or so people at the ballpark. After rewinding it, it sounds like they were chanting "Cecil"
I believe there was also a cheeseburger reference earlier.

BA pointed out the hecklers... wonder if that was a subtle reminder for the production truck to use the delete sound button when necessary (does FSN do the 3-second delay, or is that just with major productions?)

The umpire can hear the sound of the ball hitting the glove. Replay is missing that feature.
You forgot that human error is also part of baseball tradition and it shant not be sullied.

I really find it hard to believe that MLB cant come up with a replay system with sound if the umpire really needs it. There are lots of things that were traditional exposed to human error, but then we found higher quality ways of doing it.

It was only a matter of time for JJ. Nobody gets colder, or hotter, than that guy. I can't believe some people wanted us to consider other options for a while. Giving him a 1-2 day mental sabbatical would be as extreme as I'd go. Otherwise you'd miss the hot streak.

I love the discipline our hitters were employing....it's difficult sometimes to not be over-aggressive when you can do major damage with one swing.

Well, this is a nice little inning to come home to.

The Pirates announcers aren't happy the way their pen walked Soup tonight and Hart last night when the Brewers were trying to give them an out to move our runners.

Huh? Yost was endlessly bashed for going with the "hot hand" in the lineup. Just search "Yost hot hand."

Generally the complaints with Yost is he'd have someone in a platoon get hot facing say lefties only and then start them against righties and they would naturally stink as expected or he would pinch hit a lefty who is hot against the other teams LOOGY, silly stuff like that.

do you guys think Hoffman will be available tonight? Hopefully we can bust this open and avoid using him since he's pitched the last 2 days.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I doubt we use Hoffman for a 3rd straight game. Thankfully, I think we can get away with Coffey in the 8th and then Villa in the 9th. I'd match-up Coffey with the tougher part of the order because he's got the stuff to pitch from behind and even in counts. Villa's got to get ahead of you, otherwise he's in big danger. And you can't always count on getting ahead. Better to have to work from behind at times against the bottom of their order and Slappy Morgan.

That's your knockout blow

5 run lead. Finally. Now I don't have to hear Brian and Bill act like the Brewers were going to lose the lead at any second. Hard to enjoy a darn 3 run lead with their constant comments.
I bet that was the most joyful part about it for you. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived