Brewer Fanatic

Mark Rogers

Verified Member

From Adam McC's Brew Beat blog:

"Assistant GM Gord Ash said it was by design that pitching prospect Mark Rogers worked only one inning for Class A Brevard County on Saturday after missing his previous start."

later in the blog...

"The Brewers are taking an extra-cautious approach with the former first-round Draft pick, and Rogers will pitch two innings next time out, Ash said."

Brewer Fanatic Staff

jjjf44, continue to read through the Link Reports and other associated threads. Information is grouped and organized within the Minor League Forum in the best manner possible to make all available news presented in a clear manner.

Nearly every post on this forum, either from Brewerfan staff or our many knowledgable posters, is informational. The overall volume of posts on this forum is not so overwhelming that you can not easily keep up with Mark Rogers, or specifically the Manatees, if that makes things easier for you.

We are glad you're a Mark Rogers fan. Not sure if you know him from Maine, or whether you've just latched on to him as a Brewer fan. We're glad you're a reader.

But you're going to have to inform yourself through our existing Minor League threads. You're placing your posting rights at risk (you'd still be able to read threads) if you continue to ignore our requests. Please take note.

Since there is an entire thread devoted to him, I was wondering how much longer we have Mark Rogers under our control. He's still got a long way to go, but I'd love to see him make it to Milwaukee. Mike Jones too. Do I remember correctly that Jones signed a minor league deal this year. Does that mean we'd have to keep re-signing him each year we want him?

For Jones, we'd have to keep re-signing him to minor league deals (or add him to the 40 man roster). I believe Rogers should have 2 more option years, although because he signed while young, he might have a 3rd remaining.

• 2 weeks later...
Mark grew up just down the road from me in Harpswell, Maine. He's from Orrs Island, I'm from Great Island...and we both went to the same High School.....though I graduated 2 years before he was even born. As a Sounds season ticket holder I hope he makes it here to Nashville as it will be fun to cheer him on.

Archived