Brewer Fanatic

2009-05-04 Brewers (Gallardo) at Pirates (Maholm): 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-4]

crewcrazy
You know the more I think about the Pirates the more I like that team, they aren't that far away. It's apparent they don't care much for Milwaukee because of the losing streak, but they have nice young core... Wilson aside... I hope he ends in the AL where I never have to see him play again.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know the more I think about the Pirates the more I like that team, they aren't that far away. It's apparent they don't care much for Milwaukee because of the losing streak, but they have nice young core... Wilson aside... I hope he ends in the AL where I never have to see him play again.

If their pitching was even close to projections last year they would have won like 85 games. But their pitching just fell apart for some reason. Same pitchers this year and look

The Pittsburgh announcers can't seem to figure out how BABIP is different than batting average. Neither one can legitimately figure it out. My appreciation for Brian and Bill will continue to grow in every game this series.

Edit: Wow, glad to see I wasn't the only one that was speechless when it came to that.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I just wanted that conversation to go on for as long as possible. "Well some balls are going to be put in play aren't they?"

Looks like FSWisconsin would have atleast 2 more viewers if they bothered to broadcast in HD.

Verified Member
Wasn't there a threat of rain tonight?
forcast currently does not say that, but perhaps it did earlier. It is only 52 deg, though. So lack of a roof is probably a factor just due to temp.

We used to go to county stadium in such weather, for the early spring "kool-aid" game, but that was only because the tickets were free with 25 koolaid packages. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

LOL, Pirates. That was a Yostian decision by Russell there to not have a righty up. Good to see Braun come up and get some big RBI there.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I love that fact that Yo can pitch that poorly and only give up 3 runs, he definitely didn't have his good stuff.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Verified Member
I'm calling it: 4 run 8th coming up.
I'll settle for being half right.

It would be nice if big umpiring calls would go our way this season. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived