Brewer Fanatic

Is Iribarren's new found power legit?

wow yoda, that was a political answer. It's like when McCain and Obama were asked where they stood on the Stimulus package in the first debate. McCain said "sure" and Obama laid out a different plan. Neither actually ever answered the question. I'm probably coming across as condescending, but it just struck me because earlier today I was discussing political rhetoric with my students and we referenced the aforementioned debate.

The Hurricane seems to have more power this year from what I've seen. I don't think it's a huge jump though. Also, this will sound silly but in spring (and summer I guess) the Sounds stadium is laid out terrible...sun is in the eyes. I've seen some fielding 'adventures'. I do think The Hurricane will/could be a pro. I just think he'll be a utility guy, which isn't a bad thing.

I went through the PBP and looked at the nine (doubles + triples) he has on the year. Four were scored as line drives, three as fly balls, and two as ground balls. Can't really draw too many conclusions from that except to note that he hasn't boosted his slugging percentage with a plethora of down-the-line grounders.

wow yoda, that was a political answer. It's like when McCain and Obama were asked where they stood on the Stimulus package in the first debate. McCain said "sure" and Obama laid out a different plan. Neither actually ever answered the question. I'm probably coming across as condescending, but it just struck me because earlier today I was discussing political rhetoric with my students and we referenced the aforementioned debate.

Haha. In other words, the "Joe Morgan answer".

Archived