Brewer Fanatic

Zambrano to DL

This is one of those things that stays around because of the history of the game.

Repeating that over and over doesn't make it true. As evidenced here, many people like it for other reasons.

Kickers in the NFL don't have to play offense, the goalie in hockey isn't expected to play the wing

Kickers are expected to defend on a kickoff or punt return even though they suck at it. Perhaps there should be a designated tackler that stands next to the kicker and defends on the return while the kicker runs off the field or just sits down after the kick. Even the QB defends on an interception/fumble return though they suck at it. Like the goalie, pitchers aren't expected to catch and ss aren't expected to pitch, except for last night.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I chuckled a bit when I noticed the pitchers have a higher SLG than the 8th spot (usually Kendall), even if it is only one point.

I think that's pitchers plus pinch hitters/double switches in the 9 hole.

I chuckled a bit when I noticed the pitchers have a higher SLG than the 8th spot (usually Kendall), even if it is only one point.

And Yovani.

Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and Steve Nash all have to play defense, pitchers should have to hit.
If you can't understand the difference it is a hopeless discussion. Pitchers should have to field, they are on the field for every ball in play. Hitting is something they do about 10% as often as a normal player and it is a skill they cannot hope to keep sharp. The difference is night and day.

I don't miss AL baseball one bit and i have no doubt that if a poll was taken among fans of NL teams about if they'd rather switch to a DH rule, the results would be heavily in favor of no.
I bet the older crowd would say no and the younger crowd would say yes. (I say that as part of the older crowd too)

I don't agree

Over the years, here and there i'll read other NL teams forums and i've seen the DH subject talked about, i usually see more people being anti-DH and i highly doubt baseball forums are filled with mostly a bunch of stuffy old guys resistent to change.

And Yovani.
Don't forget the ghost of Ben Sheets & his guns
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived