Brewer Fanatic

Zambrano to DL

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually we don't face Harden at all, because he pitches Wednesday. Dempster pitches Saturday, and Marshall on Sunday. Friday we will face some no-name, I'm guessing Guzman. So all the matchups favor us. Piniella won't push back Lilly to Friday either, because he usually does anything to avoid starting a lefty against us.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I wonder if Harden's injuries are starting to catch up with him. 14 walks in 20 some innings and a 5.11 ERA. Still lots of k's but I don't know if this is the same guy that pitched in Oakland. Really that staff as a whole is not as good as it should be so far. I always liked Marshal and Lilly is worth what he's being paid but Zambrano has been pretty middle of the road so far.

As far as the Brewers not facing Zambrano given their history against him and their history with no name spot starters I'd almost rather they faced Zambrano.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Looks like Wells has had success so far at AAA. I hadn't heard of this guy before now.

I didn't want to start a whole new thread, & it's sort of on-topic. Check out the banner link from the top of the page to which Ennder linked. A story on pitcher durability, by Daily Herald columnist Mike Imrem. It's days like this that we have to honor the memory of FJM.com. Just don't make 'em the way they used to.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

haha TLB.. most excellent find.. my favorite part quoted below.

My theory is that just like basketball players, baseball players have too much muscle and not enough body fat.

My theory is that a credible journalist would do more research on hamstring problems, which would have led him core strength and muscle balance issues, I doubt flexibility would have been problem with Z.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

The injury bug continues for the NL Central. Rick Ankiel was carted off after slamming his neck/head akwardly into the center field wall. The Crew needs to take advantage and make a little run towards the top.

Stuff like this is eventually going to lead to the DH in the NL, I have a feeling.

I sure hope so, I will never understand why people think watching a pitcher other than a Gallardo type hit is entertaining and while it 'adds more strategy', it really doesn't add very much. Maybe once a week is there a tough choice with when to PH for the pitcher and I'm being generous there.

Have we seriously reached a point where our expectations have been lowered to such a degree that we don't expect people paid to play a SPORT to be conditioned properly so that they can run 90 feet without getting hurt? This is like when people were complaining that the Brewers tested 60y dash times and players got hurt. The are professional athletes, not fat men playing bar league softball, how about they simply do what is required to play their position.

The DH would only make it harder for the Brewers to compete because instead of having cheap bench players they'd have to drop additional money on a player who's only value is that of a hitter, costing the team millions extra every season.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Crew07: I understand all of that and agree with you to a point. But, I think given how much of a premium is paid on pitching these days, putting teams in the NL at more of a risk to lose out on that investment is somewhat unfair.

I'm not necessarily in favor of bringing the DH to the NL, either. I just think it's somewhat inevitable that it will happen due to the economics of the game.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I don't think it would make it harder for the Brewers to compete. They could be putting Gamel or Nelson in the DH spot and be perfectly competitive at a cheap price. It would be a great opportunity to get Prince off of 1B as well because his defense is horrid.

Have we seriously reached a point where our expectations have been lowered to such a degree that we don't expect people paid to play a SPORT to be conditioned properly so that they can run 90 feet without getting hurt?

No, but we have reached the point where pitchers don't get enough ABs to be effective at it at a major league level. Every year a few Parras gets hurt bunting and a couple Carpenters gets hurt swinging the bat or a couple Zambranos gets hurt running the bases. These are injuries that shouldn't be happening, especially in just one of the leagues. The DH will eventually come to the NL and I'll rejoice when it happens.

Archived