Brewer Fanatic

Summerfest Thread

patrickgpe

With the first stage headliners being announced today I figured we might as well start this baby up.

Here are the Miller Light Oasis headliners.

June 25: Puddle of Mudd

June 26: The Offspring

June 27: Sara Evans

June 28: Better Than Ezra, with Sister Hazel at 8 p.m.

June 29: Lupe Fiasco

June 30: The Wailers

July 1: Jason Aldean at 9:30 p.m., with the Lost Trailers at 7:30 p.m.

July 2: Guster

July 3: Train

July 4: Flogging Molly

July 5: Reel Big Fish with Hepcat at 8 p.m. and the English Beat at 6:30 p.m.

Flogging Molly would be an awesome show to go to, other than that I don't see too much else here.

(removed "official" from title --1992)

Guster is actually really good and I would much rather see them than No Doubt, but that's just my opinion. I think they are more popular with college students. They just played here in Madison last week. If you look them up on Itunes Amsterdam, Satellite, and One Man Wrecking Machine are three of my favorites that they do.

i think patrick was only highlighting bands at the miller oasis, and this is why no doubt didn't make the list.

but either way, guster is a million times better than no doubt... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

July 2nd: Judas Priest. They'll be playing British Steel in its entirety.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Puddle of Mudd

Worst. Band. Ever.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Harley Stage

June 25: Rise Against at 10 p.m. with Rancid at 8 p.m.

June 26: Dropkick Murphys at 9:30 p.m. with The Tossers at 7:30 p.m.

June 27: The BoDeans at 10 p.m.

June 28: Rodrigo y Gabriela at 10 p.m.

June 29: TBA

June 30: Buddy Guy at 9:30 p.m. with Back Door Slam at 7:30 p.m.

July 1: STS9 (Sound Tribe Sector 9) at 9:30 p.m.

July 2: Judas Priest at 10 p.m.

July 3: Gavin DeGraw at 10 p.m.

July 4: Jose Alberto "El" Canario and guests at 10 p.m.

July 5: Anthony Hamilton at 9:30 p.m.

nothing to see here...

nothing to see here...

What? Give Rodrigo Y Gabriella a try... It's a guy and a girl playing guitar. Nothing else. He's an acoustic beast. She plays guitar like nobody you've ever seen before. They also don't speak much English, so the whole crowd has to sing for them. Fun stuff.

Letterman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPhVpIlc1vs

Crowd Singing:

Gabriela is Amazing:

">

Harley Stage

June 25: Rise Against at 10 p.m. with Rancid at 8 p.m.

I'm pretty excited about Rancid. They were my favorite band in high school (12 years ago). What's not listed on here, and if your a fan of either of these bands, is the Riverboat Gamblers who are playing at 6. Denton, TX band that have played at the Cactus Club a few times a long time ago. Really, really good. I will say I haven't heard anything from them recently however. If you end up liking them, check out The Marked Men, also from Denton, and may share band members. They're among my current favorite bands.

Rock Stage

June 25; Robin Trower

June 26: Saliva

June 27: Saving Abel

June 28: Skillet

June 29: Robert Randolph and the Family Band

June 30: Billy Squier

July 1: Los Lonely Boys

July 2: Femi Kuti

July 3: Duff McKagan's Loaded

July 4: Theory of a Deadman

July 5: Relient K

July 5: Red Jumpsuit Appartus

The only 2 bands that i have any interest would be skillet and relient k but of course that depends what else is playing those days.

Why do they still call it the "Rock Stage"?

Back in the day, it really was a rock stage every night. Now you've got at least 3-4 bands I would hardly consider 'rock'. I've been a rock stage guy forever and can easily say this is the most disappointing lineup I've ever seen--but that can be chalked up to not liking this nu-rock stuff (and non-rock stuff).

Luckily, there's plenty of what I like sprinkled throughout the other stages.

Lastly, Billy Squier is still performing? I had no idea.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Gabriela is Amazing
And she's a darn good guitar player http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

June 29: Robert Randolph and the Family Band

That right there is the biggest steal of Summerfest. Robert Randolph at a free stage? My god.

Summerfest did real good on the 28th and 29th. Robert Randolph and Rodrigo Y Gabriela are probably three of the most underappreciated guitar players ever.

Like what was said last year, you can always tell that summer is around the corner when people are complaining about the Summerfest lineup. I personally think its by far the best lineup I have seen.

Like what was said last year, you can always tell that summer is around the corner when people are complaining about the Summerfest lineup. I personally think its by far the best lineup I have seen.

It all basically comes down to preference. I personally think that 95% of the Summerfest lineup every year is garbage. There's usually one possibly two bands that I make sure I see, and then one or two that if I score free tickets from someone, I'll check it out. A lot of the nights it's just the current one hit wonder or washups. (examples from last year: the former, Sean Kingston, and the latter, the Reel Big Fish).

Again, it basically comes down to musical preference. I'm sure the lineup I would like to see would only be attended by 100-250 people. Those bands mostly play in small clubs or basements, but I'd take em over The Wailers or Puddle Of Mudd anyday.

I like the lineup a lot this year, especially from July 2-4. In those three days Guster, Matisyahu, Shinedown, Train, The Fray w/ Jack's Mannequin, and Flogging Molly are all playing. I would love to see them all but it would be impossible. I'll be happy if I can make it to Guster, The Fray and one of the other ones on that list. Like someone else mentioned this is one of the best lineups that I can remember, at least in my opinion.

On a side note, American Idol contestant Danny Gokey is holding an event at the summerfest grounds tomorrow. Admission is free(incl. parking) and you get a free Summerfest ticket for attending.

Archived