Brewer Fanatic

Ryan Braun bobblehead with Uecker home run call button

For those of you who got the audio versions, is it true that they were packaged in styrofoam and not plastic like the regular bobbles? I overheard someone talking about looking for a stryofoam bobble at the game and this is the only thing I could think of what the difference in bobbles would be.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, they were packaged in Styrofoam. But just a warning to people looking to buy one of these... at the park, I saw/talked to 3 people that had gotten 1 or more of the talking ones... The one guy got one, and it didn't work. Another guy and his family got 2, and 1 didn't work. And another guy with his family got 2, and neither of them worked. They all went to guest relations to try to trade them in to get a working one, but guest relations didn't have any and would only exchange it for a regular one. But just looking at that small sample size, it looks like there is a possibility of a high percentage not working. So if you do buy one, make sure to ask/stress to the seller that it works first.

They sounds kinda junky to me. The eBay value of these will decrease as right now there is just a lot of hype. When the Braun Helena bobbles came out they were selling for 75-100. Now you can buy it now for 40. That may go back up.

Sounds like these don't work all that well, I'm not sure I really need one. I'd probably limit myself to spend around 50 for one down the line. If they are gonna drop that much. It sounds like they just breakdown over time anyway.

2 years ago the cardboard boxes were actually marked, "regular" and "mixed", so you could visually see what boxes would increase your chances of getting a retro. I have not seen them marked like that in some time though.

Did anyone notice if the Braun boxes were marked?

Verified Member

I'd like to see them do away with the alternates completely.

I don't collect them, and have only gotten 2 of them at games... (Fingers and Prince) It just isn't worth the time or money it takes to get all of them in my opinion.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Verified Member
I'd like to see them do away with the alternates completely.
after hearing stories about ushers and other stadium staff supposedly picking out the alternate ones, i would agree.

what does the team have to gain from this? they are going to sell out. they dont see any extra $$ from the alternates. anything?

2 years ago the cardboard boxes were actually marked, "regular" and "mixed", so you could visually see what boxes would increase your chances of getting a retro. I have not seen them marked like that in some time though.

Did anyone notice if the Braun boxes were marked?

I wasn't at the Braun day, so I can't say, but I can say that even last year, the boxes were still a give away for which boxes had the alts in them. It wasn't consistent in the way they were marked, but they were marked differently, so if you could still tell if you were looking.

what does the team have to gain from this? they are going to sell out. they dont see any extra $$ from the alternates. anything?

I wonder how much the collectors/resellers help that sell out? You always see a decent amount of people walking out with like 10 bobbleheads on days like that, who just bought cheap tickets to get a bobble in turn. I went to the Rickie Weeks bobble head game with a friend who had bought 10 tickets in the upperdeck, that came with a free hot dog and soda. He used all of the extra tickets for extra bobbles. And I got extra hot dogs.

Verified Member
To be honest, I wouldn't really care if the thing worked or not. It's just having the rare item that's important to me. I don't really care if the sound works.

maybe you should advertise that, you might get one a lot cheaper from someone who has one that doesn't work?

$293!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=330327465711

That's insane. I was watching another one that ended at $203. Reserve wasn't met. I hope that guy tries it again, and the price falls greatly.

The hype on these are going to fall. There is at least twice as many Braun talkings than Braun Helena's, and those were at 100 right after they came out. I expect over time they will fall and probably go for around 50-75. Who knows how the broken ones will go for, or if they can be fixed somehow?

Well, I gave in to the devil and listed mine on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=150345019981

It was one of the tougher things I've had to do, since I love my bobblehead collection and have almost every variation; but I couldn't turn down $200-$300 while I'm struggling to round up enough money to pay tuition each semester.

Well, I gave in to the devil and listed mine on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...IT&item=150345019981

It was one of the tougher things I've had to do, since I love my bobblehead collection and have almost every variation; but I couldn't turn down $200-$300 while I'm struggling to round up enough money to pay tuition each semester.

That's a good call man, they may never be worth what they are right now, I'd have done the same thing...

I have to put my two sense in on the Helena Braun...

That bobble, although rare, is not the standard that we should be comparing other bobbles to, whether there were 250 made, 500 made...whatever. No matter how rare a bobble is, they are only worth as much as someone will pay for them. I believe there are more people interested in bobbles given away by the Milwaukee Brewers, not the Helena Brewers. This is why the price is driven up so much by the Milwaukee giveaway and not the Helena giveaway.

Besides, the Helena Braun was a marketing stunt that wasn't given away to benefit those attending the game. It was created so that one man could hoard all the "rare variant" bobbles and sell them on eBay. In my mind that bobble is tainted because I have not seen another sole selling the bobble besides two people, and they both sell them retail. So with that said, the prices should stay low on those bobbles.

Sorry to distract from the talking Braun...

I traded for a regular version of the Braun Helena bobblehead with a guy on Craigslist. He said he worked for the company that produced them and he had a "bunch" of extras. Who knows how many they really made.

I would sell, sell, sell. Mainly because of the seemingly terrible quality. Obviously it's super cool, but think of the great stuff you could get with the $200-$300. Like getting an authentic Braun jersey and getting it signed. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived