Brewer Fanatic

Ryan Braun bobblehead with Uecker home run call button

Supposedly the Brewers gave 1,000 of the these bobbles away ... nobody that I talked to (including ushers and people near/around me) had seen or received one. Can somebody verify that these were actually handed out? Also, if anybody has one I would be interested in buying or trading. Let me know.

sailfish_brian@yahoo.com

Thanks.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got one, and it's a very cool bobblehead. Of course, with my luck; mine did not work and guest relations told me I was unable to get it exchanged with anything but the regular one... That sure seemed pretty crappy to me, but oh well. Some other friends in my group got some though, and they do work.

Just want to put it out there that I would be interested in one too...but of course this would be after bobblebrian and hocfs get theirs since I am third to post about wanting one and don't see the point in opening a new thread about it.

First off I would also like to see a photo of this bobble as this is the first I had heard of this?

My group of four I believe all got the regular bobblehead if this talking one does actually exist.

If they are real put me in line for one behind everyone so far http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Verified Member
If there were only 1,000, then the odds were roughly 1 in 45. Given almost no one knew about it, how many actually survived/will surface will be interesting!

Sadly, there is a talking version of the bobble. I thought the madness was over too.

From the Brewers website.

About 1,000 of the dolls come with a special feature. Push a button, and a tiny speaker embedded in the base of the bobble plays Bob Uecker's radio call of the home run that propelled the team into the playoffs.

"It's really cool," Braun said. "I've never seen a talking bobbhehead before."

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

And they are on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/RYAN-...-BOB-UECKER-TALKING-BASE RARE_W0QQitemZ330327465711QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_SM_Fan_Shop hash=item4ce90d1eef&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

How much do you think these will be worth? Also, how durable do you think they will be? Will they break after pressing the button 10 times? I'd hate to pay $50-$100 for one that works only to have it break a week later.

I always thought the retros went for ridiculous prices but I've managed to get them for reasonable prices over time. This reminds me of the first Bernie/Fang from this year that sold for close to $50, but a few weeks later you could easily get it for $15-$20. The higher it is bid up to the more entitled those who got one think they are...and I guess I don't blame them based on supply and demand. In any event, those of us who want to find one should prepare to be shunned by our offer price until this fizzles out. In the mean time I'm going to find some way to rig the speaker from a $4 Hallmark card to be Ueckers call of the home run from last year. (That's a joke, of course.)

By the way, unless this thing has a battery compartment that can be changed I don't know if I'll even buy one. I'm in for the long haul, and I don't want this bobble to be nonfunctional in 10 years with no way of fixing it...

The one on ebay is up to $125. Why did the brewers have to make an alt? Yeah its awesome, but I try to get retros and this will be absurd pricing.
Totally agree with you. I was so happy to just walk in the game with one ticket and go sit down right away instead of looking for an alternate bobble.

They should have done what the Giants have in the past and made every bobble a talking bobble that would have been awesome.

Really don't think I could ever spend $400 for a bobblehead http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gifhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

These will probably always go for quite a bit of money. The funtionality of them? Most other talking bobblehead break over time.

On another note...anyone want to trade one? I can trade an 03 Beloit Prince signed I'd be willing to part with. I may also have an extra 05 Huntsville Sheets.

Archived