Brewer Fanatic

2009-05-03 Diamondbacks (Petit) at Brewers (Bush): 1:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3]

crewcrazy
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still don't have a good feeling about this at all. The D-Backs know they could be in an even bigger hole so they should be feeling good about themselves. Just like when they picked off Rickie Weeks at home, luckily, and then responded with a 3-home run inning.
I'm happy my fear was irrational in this case.

That was a fun game to be at. Most of the people in my section stood up as soon as the 8th inning ended and didn't sit down again. Definitely a vibe that I haven't felt since Cordero was here.

Glad that series is over...we really seemed snake bit. Sometimes it's the little things that do it. Lopez not tagging in the 4th really cost the D-Backs. We're able to advance the runners in the 5th and 8th to get the runs across. Great baserunning by Prince on Cam's little dump to right that Upton misplayed. That makes up for that lucky break they got when Rickie got nailed at the plate.

On to Pittsburgh...Maholm & Gallardo tomorrow...that should be fun. Soup vs. Snell on Tuesday...less fun. Really need a win tomorrow.

This was a pretty good game. I found it funny how many people were in the concourses buying bobbleheads.

Either they cranked Hells Bells down again, or I am just used to loud music (which is probably the case, lol) as it didn't seem that loud to me.

A split is a split! When Duffy was batting I had minor flashbacks to Tony Gwynn Jr. I actually thought Weeks batting third wasn't a half bad idea. We know Weeks loves the fastball and whoever hits before Fielder will get a couple good ones a game to hit.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I still don't have a good feeling about this at all. The D-Backs know they could be in an even bigger hole so they should be feeling good about themselves. Just like when they picked off Rickie Weeks at home, luckily, and then responded with a 3-home run inning.
I'm happy my fear was irrational in this case.
I'd replace "irrational" with "unfounded." http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'll take the split, for sure. I wish Rickie's play at the plate had gone differently (not only for Rickie but for Flash Gordon, because I would have liked to see the Brewers increase his small-sample-but-already-hefty ERA), but things worked out. This is especially good news for AmyintheSouth, who saw her first Brewers win in person today! Hope you liked the Hoffman entrance, Amy.

From our loge seats, Hells Bells was not as loud as it was in the terrace Thursday night. I can't tell if this was because we were in the loge, because the roof was open this time, because the crowd was like 20,000 people bigger this time or because I knew to expect loud. I could get used to regular doses of Trevor Time, though, I'll tell you what.

Before the game, there was a Major League Moment after all - no sponsor, though, and no indication of how kids can register for the opportunity for later Major League Moments. Whenever a home Sunday lineup has a backup player in it, I always feel bad for the kid who (for example) probably thought for a moment this morning, "Left field! YES!.....oh, Brad Nelson." No offense to Brad.

Finally, wow on all the Ryan Braun gear. I felt almost like a sore thumb for not wearing something with BRAUN 8 on it. Though I did wear a playoffs shirt, which might never have been sold without Ryan's input.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Community Moderator
I always feel bad for the kid who (for example) probably thought for a moment this morning, "Left field! YES!.....oh, Brad Nelson." No offense to Brad.

Back when I won the Major League Moment contest at County Stadium in the late 90s, I really wanted to go on the field with Jeromy Burnitz, but most importantly, I just didn't want to get stuck with Marquis Grissom. Of course, they put me with Grissom in center, but he turned out to be a really nice guy and we had a great view of the stadium that I won't forget.

Is Sunday really the best day for Major League Moment? Getaway days are the most likely days for regular players to get a day off even without injuries.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Is Sunday really the best day for Major League Moment? Getaway days are the most likely days for regular players to get a day off even without injuries.
It's probably the best day for families traveling to MP from around the state.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I was amazed, on Sunday, at how easily I was able to pull in to the parking area and even more amazed at how quickly I got out.

I got there probably about 12:20, and after the final pitch we casually made our way towards the lot. It's not like we jogged our way out but I was back on the interstate in a flash. Very pleased with how it all turned out. Except for the fact that each time I got up someone hit a homerun or multiple homeruns... I didn't get to see any! That's what I get for taking the aisle seat and buying drinks and food for the group. Next time I'm not getting up at all. I usually don't more than once I don't know what I was thinking...

A lot of people stay for the kids run. Sundays are always easier to get out of the lot, especially when the Brew Crew wins.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived