Brewer Fanatic

2009-05-03 Diamondbacks (Petit) at Brewers (Bush): 1:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3]

crewcrazy
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ball went past the catcher, who had to scramble to get it, and threw to Gordon who was covering home. He tagged Rickie Weeks out at home plate, but then fell over in obvious pain. Looks like Gordon hurt his leg fairly badly and was just assisted off the field.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Verified Member
Listening on the internet. Can someone explain that last play.

Pitch was way high but bounced so hard off the back wall that the catcher was able to pick it up and flip it to the pitcher. The pitch may have hit the wall on the fly.

Pretty scary play for Gordon...looked like a pretty nasty hamstring injury at the very least, but maybe it's a knee. Bummer that Rickie was tagged out, but it looked like that ball bounced off the backstop pretty hard and just took a good bounce for the catcher, right into his glove. Not much Rickie could've done to anticipate that, and you have to give credit to Gordon for sticking in there for the tag even after he hurt his leg.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

The Diamondbacks have to be the luckiest franchise in the Major Leagues.

2 years ago they were 18 games over .500 and went to the playoffs in spite of scoring 20 less runs than their opponents. That's ridiculous.

Now look at the plethora of lucky breaks they've been the recipient of in this series. My God, Tom Gordon almost throws the ball in the stands and they are rewarded since it bounces directly to the catcher in time to record the out at home. And we all know what happened on Friday. The Brewers should have at least won 3 of 4 games in this match-up.

Mark Reynolds has some freaky power. Definitely another Adam Dunn/Jack Cust type.

Edit: And now Upton hits one out to dead center off the end of the bat. Yikes. Might be time to start warming someone up soon.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I still don't have a good feeling about this at all. The D-Backs know they could be in an even bigger hole so they should be feeling good about themselves. Just like when they picked off Rickie Weeks at home, luckily, and then responded with a 3-home run inning.

OK, fair enough...I just tuned in and saw the results. I partially retract my complaint. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
Not tryin to pile on SoCal, but the other thing is Bush's pitch count was looking terrific going into the 7th so you wouldn't think he was tiring. Only the pitch to Reynolds was a mistake. Like dhonks said, the other 2 weren't bad pitches. But you are right - Bush does tend to have blow up innings when he does have a bad one

Archived