Brewer Fanatic

MLB.com merchandise now featuring taunting T-shirts

JimH5
Verified Member

I thought this was a little strange. On MLB.com's homepage, there is a link to their webstore, where fans can buy T-shirts that go a little beyond the standard fare. For instance this one for Cubs fans that trashes the Brewers:

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-5892457dt.jpg

I get that individuals have made a nice little industry out of selling the "Yankees S*CK" stuff and the like, but now for MLB itself to join the party seems a little weird.

Well it's sort of a slippery slope... would we get scrubs, or the classic choke? There's an element of class that's missing when the league gets involved, those other tee shirts have long been the domain of entrepreneurs... I remember when Alvarez came to the Badgers and suddenly the creative tee-shirt vendors were no longer to be found anywhere near the stadium.

I'm really not sure that MLB should be involved in taunting either way.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Verified Member
I've seen tons of ant-Cubs shirts sold at stores here in St. Louis. About half are Cubs vs Cards but there are some universal hate ones as well such as the Choke Cubs logo. The only problem I have with the one MLB is selling is that it looks terrible and is not clever.

Verified Member
I'd like to see a shirt that just says "1908" in big font. Maybe a picture of a goat as well!
I like it, but the only problem is that if they finally do win a World Series, you pretty much have to donate that shirt to Goodwill.

But then again, it would probably be your great-grandkids donating it, so I guess you'd get your money's worth.

Verified Member
I remember when Alvarez came to the Badgers and suddenly the creative tee-shirt vendors were no longer to be found anywhere near the stadium.

which unfortunately made the "f em bucky" shirts harder to find...until recently...interestingly enough after alvarez moved up in the UW athletic world.

I've seen tons of ant-Cubs shirts sold at stores here in St. Louis. About half are Cubs vs Cards but there are some universal hate ones as well such as the Choke Cubs logo. The only problem I have with the one MLB is selling is that it looks terrible and is not clever.
I think Rina Wear in St. Louis sells a couple of anti-Brewers shirts. They have some funny Cubs shirts, but I think a few of them might get you in trouble if you wore them to a game.

I think that's as mild as taunting could ever get. I think it's kind of cute.

There's nothing wrong with respectful bantering. I've had fun conversations with rival fans at Miller Park. Not often with Cubs fans though. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'd like to see a shirt that just says "1908" in big font. Maybe a picture of a goat as well!

This is brilliant! I think it would also be funny to have a shirt that seems sarcastically proud of the 1908 accomplishment. Something like "My great, great grandfather went to the West Side Grounds to see the Cubs win the World Series and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

Did you know that the Home Plate ump during the 1908 WS, was born during the Civil War?

Putting him roughly in his early to mid forties. Bet his Dad was a Vet. Hmm, do you have the guys name (which I presume you do). I want to look him up, see if his Dad was an interesting Vet.

Archived