Brewer Fanatic

Bones/Kent Summerfeld

pitchleague
Community Moderator
I know I was pretty much out of it with my fever last night, but I know I heard Uecker and Provus both talking about Kent and referring to him as "Bones." Anybody know the backstory behind this? I have a feeling, just by listening to the way they were talking, that a story about this came up earlier in the week.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Someone e-mailed or called in to the booth claiming to be a high school friend of Kent Summerfeld and knowing his high school nickname. Bob asked Kent if this was true and Kent acknowledged it. Corey and Bob spent the rest of the game teasing Kent about it.

I had a friend in high school who we called "Bones" too. He also went by "Skin" and "Skinny". I can relate.

Community Moderator
thank you for answering this. I knew there was something into it. Kind of funny hearing Bob sing "Dry Bones" on the air.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived