Brewer Fanatic

2009-05-01 Diamondbacks (Garland) at Brewers (Parra): 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parra has a good change going tonight. Loose strike zone too.

He's pitching with more confidence...against the right team too. Not a lot of plate discipline from the D-Backs.

Garland has been sharp too...really jamming our guys with the fastball. Really good location. We need to get to that bullpen.

Whoever decided to pitch around Mark "I struck out 1,000 times last year" Reynolds is complete moron. Seriously, I expect more intelligent decisions than that.
You know, Bill and Brian said that, but I think he was actually trying to get him out, he just couldn't locate.

Garland has these guys baffled tonight. The guy is dealing.
I don't know about that. He had two Ks in the previous five innings (one against the pitcher), which leads me to believe (not watching) that everybody had been getting the bat on the ball, and that this was just an epic failure of hitting.

I could be wrong, though.

Braun swung at a bad pitch to strike out, Cameron struck out looking on a marginal pitch but one you have to swing at. Fielder just swung through a pitch. Garland is locating decently but he is never really 'dealing'. He doesn't have good enough stuff to deal~.

Manny and his big innings... the 6th could of have been worse... It would be different it he was *just* missing, but most of those pitches weren't even close. I have thing for lefties being left handed myself, and he's so talented, but when he gets wild it's maddening. I'm trying to think of another player I rooted for so hard for but pissed me off so much and I'm coming up empty. The closest player in any sport was probably Nick Davis, the WR/KR for the Badgers years ago.

edit. I can't be the only one who's intimidated by setting up an IGT?

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived