Brewer Fanatic

2009-05-01 Non-Brewers in-game thread

mls4

I'm really wondering if the 2009 Cubs = 2008 Tigers? I really think that Hendry's off season moves this year are rearing their ugly heads now. I mean, a $140mm payroll club had to play it's backup C at 3B in extra innings last night!
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

The Cub´s bullpen has been absolutely rotten so far this year, let´s hope as they continue to be overworked that they continue to destroy the Cubs playoff chances. How sweet would it be if they didn´t even get the wildcard after all the flapping of their gums they did this offseason.

This is why they play the games, and don´t just put the preseason favorite in the playoffs.

The Cubs are a struggling team right now. Their relief pitching has been bad. Gregg cannot pitch without giving up a run, Marmol has more walks than k's and than innings pitched. Harden is striking people out like crazy but he is walking a lot of guys. Dempster looks like who we thought he would have been last year. Their bats have been okay. However, it seem like they will turn it around just because they do have talent. But that rotation would scare me with Harden and Dempster underachieving and Big Z being so streaky. Right now their best starter is Lilly and then Marshall and their bullpen has no one pitching well.

All that said they are still at .500 so they will be there at the end

Archived