Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-30 Non-Brewers IGT

TooLiveBrew

Holy crap Ryan Sweeney (OAK) just robbed Ian Kinsler of a 3-R HR in the bottom of the 8th at TEX. Kept the score 3-1 OAK.

Wow. Don't worry if you didn't see it live... that one's gonna be all over the highlight shows. Wow. Big shot to straightaway CF, and Sweeney just tracked it perfectly. After the catch, Kinsler spiked his helmet on the ground and said (paraphrasing), 'POOPY PANTS!'

Naturally, Sweeney couldn't keep the big grin off his face as he high-fived his corner OF-mates & jogged back to the dugout.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

crazy finish in Arlington. With one out in the bottom of the 9th, Michael Young laser-beamed one off the LF wall that ricocheted back past Holliday, back towards the IF.

Like a dope, with his team down 4-1, Young tried to stretch it into a triple. He was (barely) thrown out. The next batter, Andruw Jones, homered to LF. The next batter was retired... ballgame 4-2.

I honestly have no idea what Young was doing trying to get to 3B. The ball was right in front of him the whole time, and wasn't very far away from third once Holliday got to it off the ricochet. Anyway, that's all -- just a wild finish.

Yeah, the KNBR people keep replaying the audio, and over the Oakland broadcast feed, you can hear some female Rangers' fan saying "NOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Looking forward to seeing it. Makes me feel better about Prince getting robbed by Johnson--at least the Crew still got some runs from that!

That's funny... I was watching on the Texas feed. They were (understandably) just in shock overall on how that game ended.

First that HR robbery by Sweeney, then the HR from Holliday. Then, the TEX 9th inning leadoff batter lined out ridiculously hard to OAK's SS Cabrera, who made a leaping stab to rob the hit. Next batter was Young & the double/triple gaffe, and then the Jones HR. Wild.

Julian Tavarez back at it, now displaying his fine craft with the Nationals.
Yeah, between the uniforms they were wearing tonight, and the empty stadium, and the fact that they had to bring in Julian Tavarez in the 9th inning of a tie game (and, of course, the not unexpected result), I feel pretty bad for the 2009 Washington Nationals.

Just got back from Wrigley and the Cubs bullpen was in fine form tonight! I absolutely love catching the Marlins in town.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Archived