Brewer Fanatic

I think I might have won the Home Run Inning contest...

bjkrautk

Checking my e-mail this afternoon, I see a message from one of my cousins congratulating me on winning the Brewers Home Run Inning contest, and that her boyfriend heard it announced during the broadcast. The message was from yesterday, so I'm guessing it covers either Tuesday's game (Hart, Hall in the 6th inning) or Wednesday (Yo in the 7th). Of course, I tuned in to yesterday's game just after the homer, and I usually watch the games on TV....so I have no clue whether this is actually true. I haven't seen / heard anything from Journal Communications about the contest, but they could just be sending something through the mail.

This prompts two questions:
1) Has anyone else ever won one of the radio contests during the games? How did they contact you?
2) Does anyone remember hearing a winner to the HR Inning contest in the past few days? I'd love to get my hands on a copy of the audio (through legal means, mind you) if this is true.

EDIT: Found it myself! (2:39 in) :D

I've been told (by my boss) that I was a contestant during the '3 bagger in the 3rd' contest last season, but I missed that one as well. I'm both excited and curious to find out if this is true.

2) Does anyone remember hearing a winner to the HR Inning contest in the past few days? I'd love to get my hands on a copy of the audio (through legal means, mind you) if this is true.
You may want to contact hawing, she recognized a BFNetter as one of the winners - http://forum.brewerfan.net/search.php?keywords=519687/t/2009-04-28-Pirates-Maholm--Brewers-Bush-7-05-PM-CDT-Brewers-.html#reply-519687

Woohoo! I was right! I only charge 2% of winnings. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif It was Tuesday's game and Bill Hall came through for you, Rickie for the second contestant.

As for what you do now, I have no idea. Like dadofandrew, I recall a time when winners had to call in by a deadline time, but I haven't heard reference to that in years (and, as chat room regulars will attest, I am fairly nerdly about noting the home run inning contestant, or contestants in the case of this game).

If I were in your shoes, besides being very excited, I think I would contact WTMJ and ask what to expect.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived