Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-30 Diamondbacks (Scherzer) at Brewers (Suppan): 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-1]

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really hoping FS-WI stays on and airs at least a little bit of Hells Bells - I want to see if they listened and cranked up the sound system for Hoff!
Oh, it was cranked. Cranked nice. Real nice.

I hope that's what Trevor was looking for, because if he still doesn't think it's loud enough, I will have to bring earplugs next time.

So, Soup has now yielded a leadoff home run in three consecutive starts attended by the hawing party (dating back to the NLDS last fall). I don't know if we should come in late, or skip his starts, or what.

Jeff, I realize you kept things more or less in check the rest of your outing, but having to put the cap in rally position by the bottom of the first is getting old.

The Coffey Time clock (timing Todd's sprint to the mound) was not shown tonight. I hope the Brewers didn't get in logo trouble with Starbucks.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

My name is Trevor and I can't say I'm a fan of the saying- It's Trevor Time!

I think its pretty darn corny if you ask me.

But ohh well....

You have to remember that Hoffman has been around for a very very long time. Trevor Time, including the Trevor Time T-Shirts, go back well into the 90's. People in San Diego will still be walking around in those shirts long after he retires. Maybe they could have come up with something a bit more creative but that is what stuck, so that is what you call it when Hoffman takes the mound. Put simply, it's bigger than you. Get on the train! The Trevor Train.

Look on the bright side, T B0NE: at least you share a name with a very good MLB player. It beats being named, say, Trent, and having only one major leaguer in history to look up to. (Nothing specific against our good friend Mr. Durrington.)

Thanks for having your rally hat on Hawing. Appears to have made the difference!

They really did crank Hells Bells, to the point where it was annoying. I'm not sure if it was as deafing on Loge or Field, but it was seriously to loud on Terrace.

They really did crank Hells Bells, to the point where it was annoying. I'm not sure if it was as deafing on Loge or Field, but it was seriously to loud on Terrace.
I'm kind of glad you said that, sgt. Now I don't feel like a fuddy-duddy for thinking the same.

I will say that it was great entertainment to watch one of the ushers (who hadn't worked either of Trevor's other games) react to the newly cranked-up Trevor Time.

If you sat elsewhere in the park Thursday night, what did you think?

Glad to hear they turned the Hells Bells up to about 11!!
Sorry, but when I read that, I couldn't resist...

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...

Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?

Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.

Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?

Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?

Marty DiBergi: I don't know.

Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.

Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.

Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?

Nigel Tufnel: [pause[/i]] These go to eleven.

-- This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

My girlfriend said that it was so loud it was starting to distort on the club level. She said if you didn't know what it was you would not have recognized it.

Personally; the louder the better.

Archived