Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-29 Pirates (Snell) at Brewers (Gallardo) 12:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 1-0]

crewcrazy
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, lets now give Macha credit for his bullpen move. How many of you would have crushed him had it not worked out? Hairy move but probably the right one and it worked out great. Good work Machs!
He rolled the dice twice (Yo for the 8th and Villy for the 9th) and it worked out great. Sound calculated risks--both of which i probably wouldn't have done. Macha's been solid so far.

Ok, lets now give Macha credit for his bullpen move. How many of you would have crushed him had it not worked out? Hairy move but probably the right one and it worked out great. Good work Machs!
I had no big problem with Yo hitting there (especially not after what happened) but I did not care for him coming out for the 8th this early in the year with over 100 pitches and the lead, regardless of what happened

Still, that was a masterful outing by Yovani.

Yo just put up the second best game score in the majors so far this year, 88, would've been a top 10 score for the NL for all of last year too.
Who's got the best?

Aaron Harang had a 90 against the Pirates on 4/12 - He also beat Ian Snell that day, pretty rough couple of losses for Snell

Yo just put up the second best game score in the majors so far this year, 88, would've been a top 10 score for the NL for all of last year too.
Who's got the best?
Aaron Harang went CG 3-hit shutout with 9 Ks 4/12 also against Pittsburgh.

Link - see game score explanation at the bottom.

http://www.thebuccosforum...2/YaBB.pl?num=1240880936

They have a Braun the B!#$% thread going.

I guess you have to have something to rally around as fans when your team gets utterly owned by another team, and you haven't had a winning season in 16 years.

The whole thing's ridiculous. I'm sure if Braun was on their team and he was deliberately thrown at, they'd be upset as well. And, probably, many Brewers fans would react the way they're reacting. I'm just glad that Brewerfan.net has better fans than that.

"Yovani Gallardo pitched his second successive complete game on Wednesday. (Darren Hauck/AP)"

I wish....Nice caption mlb.com.

Amazing game today. Wow. Like someone else said; there's no reason a YoGa game should go untelevised. Is there a squeeze play later tonight on FSN?

Yo at this juncture has won 2 games this season because of his bat. If Sheets was still around, at this point, he would have lost at least 1 game with his bat. He was in part the reason for his lack of run support which people used to argue he was being undervalued as a result. The difference in runs scored between the AL and NL the last the 3 seasons has been about .283. With how abysmal Sheets was with the stick, we're talking closer to .4 or .5 with him in the lineup. Whereas, if you throw out Yo's injury marred season when they didn't allow him to hit lest risk injury, he's equated to an above average 9th hitter in the AL. So I figure, as long as Gallardo's ERA finishes below 3.6 this season, he'll probably have been a more valuable player to this ballclub than Sheets was with his 3.09 ERA last season. And his career ERA coming into this season I believe was 3.30, so it projects to be significantly better than that. The difference between Sheets and Gallardo as a front line starter is psychological. And if that's the only noticable difference between this and last season's team, if we were good enough at the deadline to justify bolstering the pitching staff for a playoff run then, we should be in the same position come this July-August.

How many 1-0 games in post-DH MLB history have been won by a homerun by the starting pitcher? I'm sure it's not completely rare but there still can't be altogether too many.

I'd also be willing to bet that this is the latest in the game that it's been done in years.

Archived