Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-29 Pirates (Snell) at Brewers (Gallardo) 12:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 1-0]

crewcrazy

100 pitches through 7 innings with very few stressful ABs is not a big deal, Gallardo can go 120 today without it being a big deal.

Now trying to shave a few pitches off of his season total to keep his arm fresh makes some sense but with a 1-0 game and a somewhat worn out bullpen I don't have any big problem with it.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK. 116 isn't going overboard like Snell today. But it's pushing it when he really didn't need to be out there, even though he is our best option today and every other day.

Love me some Yo

3TO Apostle

He is running because the Brewers best chance to score there with 2 outs is a steal + hit, especially with 2 strikes it is very unlikey Braun will hit an extra base hit. Now Braun gets a new AB.

Braun is an extra base hit threat just because he is up. Now he gets another at bat but against a new pitcher. I just don't agree with running there.

Braun has 4 extra base hits in 47 AB this season with 2 strikes, you cant just sit around and assume everyone will hit Homers or doubles every at-bat, especially with 2 strikes. Also, why do you want him to face a guy who has struck him out 3 times already?

Archived