Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-28 Pirates (Maholm) at Brewers (Bush) 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5]

crewcrazy
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, when that first Pirate got on after what should've been strike three, I had flashbacks to Gagne in Wrigley last season opener...Glad to see that demon exorcised. Sweet first save as a Brewer, Mr. Hoffman

Like the Pirates announcers' said: Paul Maholm on the mound with a 5-1 lead...what do you have to do to beat these Brewers?!?

why did they pinch hit with Nelson against a lefty anyways?

Good question, that was an absolutely doofus move by Macha, unless I'm overlooking something. The guy can't hit lefties, period. Don't set him up to fail.

And I agree about the booing. Tasteless.

Good question, that was an absolutely doofus move by Macha, unless I'm overlooking something. The guy can't hit lefties, period. Don't set him up to fail.

Not the greatest argument, but the only righty on the bench was McGehee, and he was likely holding him back as the emergency catcher with Rivera already out of the game.

Remember a few years back when fans showed their support when Prince was struggling out of the gate. Ahhh, the good ole days....

The only right handed bat left was McGehee, who also was the emergency catcher in case Kendall got injured (Kendall came in for Rivera earlier in the game due to ankle injury). I believe this is why Macha had Nelson bat.

I wouldn't really call it a doofus move. The options were LH Nelson, LH Duffy, or RH McGehee who serves as the emergency catcher and we had already lost one catcher on the night. Crazier of things have happened. Now if you would have said Macha should have PH'd Gallardo, I cannot argue that line of thoughthttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Why does it seem like Rickie should be batting about .330 right now? He seems to be hitting the ball way to well to be hovering around .270.

Hopefully we've seen the last time the Crew is under .500

Totally agree. He is just hitting seeds all over the place and has had some very hard outs. He keeps this up, his numbers will look just fine in the end. When Rickie hits a ball, it really stays hit

I was at the game and I yelled at 3-4 people for booing Nelson, it made me mad as well. I was doing everything I could to make them understand how difficult it is to only bat 2-3 times a week, one time per game.

They kept arguing, "how do you not have one hit in 14 ABs.?" I guess it's just a matter of more fair-weather/casual fans coming to the games.

I'm fine with booing if it's actually warranted...Nelson should not be a target, especially facing a tough lefty.

I remember people worrying that we wouldn't see .500 until next season. Glad we could put that to rest right away.
Yeah, this has been a nice tear the Brewers have been on. I wonder where all the doom & gloomers have gone who were saying the season was over a couple weeks ago?

Here's another Pirate fan gem: http://www.pittsburghspor...topic.php?f=1&t=1851

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I got my internet back and was able to listen to the game last night (2 week layoff). Awesome win and I'm looking forward to Yo getting after them tonight!
Psst, Wednesday's a day game. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived