Brewer Fanatic

Fight Night

jakesdaddio
Community Moderator
I love a good fight but why the Pirates? This happened months ago and we should have just let it go. It would be nice to brawl with the Cubs or Cardinals, but we have walked over the Pirates for the last 2 years and getting into these altercations is only going to give them more incentive to beat us. The Pirates have good reason to be angry at us for something that should have been over months ago.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love a good fight but why the Pirates? This happened months ago and we should have just let it go. It would be nice to brawl with the Cubs or Cardinals, but we have walked over the Pirates for the last 2 years and getting into these altercations is only going to give them more incentive to beat us. The Pirates have good reason to be angry at us for something that should have been over months ago.
We needed to take some steam out on a lesser team. It's like a bully at school picking on kids in the grades below him for two months, until the cool kids put you in your place and continually beat you down for a few weeks. After something like that you'll find the weak nerdy kid; or in this case the Pirates, and shove him in a locker.

We should have just won the game, though.

3TO Apostle

I love a good fight but why the Pirates? This happened months ago and we should have just let it go.
Well, this is how it works. If you like it or not, this is how baseball has worked for 100 years. Retaliation isn't always the same game or series, it often comes much later. I know many here think it's silly or pointless, but it is tradition. And like it or not, protecting guys is still important to today's players.

Fight? A pitcher almost breaks into tears after being hit on his non-pitching arm, and doesn't know what to do, so Kendall tells him to go to 1B.

It isn't worthy of being mentioned, as nothing happened. Stan Kyles was even carrying his clipboard, after walking leisurely in, ready to make a notation.

A fight would indicate, you know, someone actually getting into a fight, not a bunch of milling around and discussing dinner plans.

Fight? A pitcher almost breaks into tears after being hit on his non-pitching arm, and doesn't know what to do, so Kendall tells him to go to 1B.

It isn't worthy of being mentioned, as nothing happened. Stan Kyles was even carrying his clipboard, after walking leisurely in, ready to make a notation.

A fight would indicate, you know, someone actually getting into a fight, not a bunch of milling around and discussing dinner plans.

No one said a fight happened last night that I'm aware of, only that there was the potential for one later this series. And considering the potential fallout of such a thing happening (and relative to other stuff that gets discussed), I don't see how it isn't "worthy of being mentioned."

So...did this soap opera really begin when Ryan hit that walkoff slam last fall and then had the audacity to be happy about it? Because hanging onto it that long is insane.

Not to mention, name me a Pirate who would just put his head down and run, were he in the exact same, playoff-hope-resuscitating situation.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

So...did this soap opera really begin when Ryan hit that walkoff slam last fall and then had the audacity to be happy about it? Because hanging onto it that long is insane.

Not to mention, name me a Pirate who would just put his head down and run, were he in the exact same, playoff-hope-resuscitating situation.

That right there is exactly my thoughts. They're still just livid over Brauny "undressing around the basepaths". Anyone with a brain knows that's what the Brewers do; they untuck their shirts. Couple that with an astronomically huge grand slam, and you've got a celebratory Braun untucking his shirt frantically. Get over it.

"Dave Kurwin"...now that's hilarious.

I have to ask (& possibly further expose my own idiocy)... why?

A pitcher almost breaks into tears after being hit on his non-pitching arm, and doesn't know what to do

Almost breaks into tears? Doesn't know what to do? Did you even watch the game? Karstens was pissed about being drilled, and if you read his lips, he basically asked, 'What was the point of that?' ... Not that I agree with him, but still. Your 'representation' of the events in question was off-base at best.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived