Brewer Fanatic

Fight Night

jakesdaddio

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you heard any of his post-game comments, it sure sounds like he is fired up and was taking it personally. Is only a matter of time with as many times as they came inside on the Brewers yesterday.

If Braun gets drilled tonight, I would think all types of chaos and mayhem would break out.

I wonder if maybe Bush will drill their leadoff hitter with the first pitch of the game, take the warning, and move on?

Edit: A first-pich drilling could also prevent further shenanigans by the Pirates.

I wonder if maybe Bush will drill their leadoff hitter with the first pitch of the game, take the warning, and move on?
I'm not sure that that's a good idea. The umpires are probably expecting it tonight and could eject whatever pitcher we use to throw at a Pirate. So using the starting pitcher doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

The 'Crew really doesn't need their best hitter(s) suspended. If there has to be a fight, get Brad Neson and Seth in the starting lineup.

Nelson needs to pitch and hit so many guys he gets suspended for the year. 2 birds, 1 stone.

Do you really think they would throw him out on the first pitch? I'd be pretty shocked if they did. Esp given the fact that the Pirates threw at them first. Anyone have a link to Braun's comments from last night? Didn't see them anywhere.

I'm not sure that that's a good idea. The umpires are probably expecting it tonight and could eject whatever pitcher we use to throw at a Pirate. So using the starting pitcher doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
Especially not with everyone's favorite first inning struggler, Mr. Bush. Even vs. the Pirates, I don't wanna see a runner on to start the game.

Honestly, though, it irks me that their Yankee-reject pitcher can drill one of our guys and we basically need to sit back and take it or risk ejection / suspension.

What I wish Macha would have done last night is bring in Jorge Julio and have him plunk the first batter he faced. That way, the Brewers get their payback, Julio gets ejected, and no valuable pitcher is wasted. Plus, if Julio got suspended it would have been an added bonus.

I really really hope Macha doesn't pull a Yost and get caught up in these shenanigans, especially at home against the Pirates.

Seeing McClung come in solely to bean someone at the end of '07 when there was still a chance for the playoffs had me feeling bad for Seth

Do you really think they would throw him out on the first pitch? I'd be pretty shocked if they did. Esp given the fact that the Pirates threw at them first. Anyone have a link to Braun's comments from last night? Didn't see them anywhere.

http://www.sportsbubbler.com/Default.aspx?Team=1

Scroll down, you'll see Brewers featured podcasts. Click on 4/27 Cory Provus & Ryan Braun.

I'm hoping cooler heads prevail tonight. Yes they drilled our best player, but if we start drilling their guys they'll come back and next thing we know guys will get hurt. The Pirates will be out of it soon enough while the Crew will be fighting for a playoff spot. It's not like we have games to give to prove a point. Braun sent them enough of a message through the press...if they don't get it after that, then send in Seth and the 98 MPH rib-buster.

It's the Pirates for gosh sake. They might as well be a AAA team the way we slap them around. Let's just go 14-1 against them again...that will be the best revenge. We got rid of Mr. "Irrational Baseball Macho Man Don't Mess With the Family" Yost for a reason. The way he ended 2007 was an embarrassment. I don't want to see us go down that road again.

Provus: What do you think happened there in the third [inning], on that pitch from Jeff Karstens?

Braun: I think he probably hit me on purpose. You know, it's rare for a major-league pitcher to miss by that much with his fastball... You can tell Mr. Selig that the next time that kid pitches, there's a good chance he gets on in the ribs.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I hope so! I'm sitting in the Field Diamond Box tonight.

But, really, if the Pirates want to tango, I guess we have no choice. I don't want Bush or anybody, for that matter, instigating a fight. They're the Pirates and the Brewers have asserted their dominance and superiority over them the past two years by their play alone.

I would like to see them win tonight, get a big lead going in the game tomorrow, and then use someone like Julio to drill someone in the 8th inning, right when their guard is down and they're already demoralized.
There'd almost certainly be a brawl in that case and almost certainly suspensions and God forbid, injuries

Again, I hope they don't get caught up in a beanbrawl war with the likes of the Pirates.

I was disappointed Looper didn't hit Karstens. Winning is the most important thing but still. If anyone caught the Pirates feed their own announcers said it looked obvious that he threw at Braun and that what needs to happen is that "Karstens needs to wear one in his next at bat to end this". I agree

Link

If you thought Ryan Braun would be less angry about being drilled with a pitch by Pittsburgh's Jeff Karstens last night, you would be wrong.

Braun is even angrier about the drilling because he didn't realize how high the ball struck him on the back until he saw a replay today. The ball struck him right on the lettering of his name on the top of the back of his jersey.

"When I saw it on replay today, I was even madder," said Braun. "That was way too high."

Braun was drilled by Karstens on the first pitch of his second at-bat after socking a home run in his first at-bat. The sides were warned by umpire John Hirschbeck to cut it out but Karstens was not ejected.

"I guarantee you that kid wanted nothing to do with it," said Braun. "It came from somebody else. He wouldn't even look at me."

That means Braun thinks it was ordered by Pittsburgh manager John Russell. Braun said it would have been different if he had hot-dogged it after hitting his first-inning homer.

"If I deserved it, that's one thing. But I didn't do anything. When I deserve to get hit, that's fine. I have no problem with it. But that was way too high."

Braun made it clear that he expects some type of retaliation by the Brewers.

"We're the wrong team to mess with," said Braun. "No disrespect to anybody but we're a different team."

Damn. Braun does really tell it like it is.

Maybe they hit someone tonight, maybe they don't, but I wouldn't be suprised if a guy or two goes in really hard at 2nd if the situation arises.

Hopefully Braun takes out some of that anger on Paul Maholm.

I guess I don't know Macha's managerial style and if he is into retaliation or not. Since they hit our best player we might as well hit there best. The problems is that I don't know who that is. It wouldn't be cool at all if they plunked Maholm, maybe they hit Sanchez or LaRoche in their posterior.

Ok it's definitely on tonight! I'm sorry but I love this. The Pirates need this because we have been beating their brains in for the last however many games. They're trying to get an advantage and we have to respond.

I just wish that Braun wouldn't have announced this before the game. Maybe there wouldn't be ejections and suspensions then.

Archived