Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-27 Pirates (Karstens) at Brewers (Looper) 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 10-5]

crewcrazy
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One big negative I took from tonight is that Villanueva has shown me nothing that leads me to believe that he can consistently get people out right now. He just doesn't look right. Other than that, fun to watch. Be interesting to see if there is any fallout from the Braun plunking. I hope so because that was as blatant as it gets and is just sour grapes on the Pirates part because we keep whoopin their butts

If you are going to give up on our RP off of a couple weak line drives then I agree, but he did not pitch that bad at all this time around. He hasn't been fantastic at all but he was hardly terrible either.

So if I downloaded that onto my itunes, can anyone tell me how to edit it so only the five second clip can be saved as it's own file? I would really like my text message alert to say "You can tell Mr Selig that the next time that kid pitches he's probably going to get one in the ribs"
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Great game to be at, even with the blown lead. Got some chills when Hell's Bells started, a little disappointed that the font on the LED boards had the font that made "Trevor Time" look like "Trebor Time". Hopefully the media department noticed.

Just two unimportant notes from the game.

1 They now put up a "It's coffey time" graphic(sort of resembles the starbucks logo" on the scoreboard. The middle of this graphic is a timer that clocks his sprint in from the bullpen. 14.41 tonight. They crowd went wild.

2 Hell's Bells was great. They have some nice graphics for this too. Enough people were sreaming "Hell's Bells" along with the music that you could hear it above the sound system. They were also ringing the bell for every out.

Hoff topped out at 86 on the in house gun. Be nice too see him run it up there a little higher than that. 73-74 on the change.

Still in all; a great game. Lots of fun.

One big negative I took from tonight is that Villanueva has shown me nothing that leads me to believe that he can consistently get people out right now. He just doesn't look right. Other than that, fun to watch. Be interesting to see if there is any fallout from the Braun plunking. I hope so because that was as blatant as it gets and is just sour grapes on the Pirates part because we keep whoopin their butts

If you are going to give up on our RP off of a couple weak line drives then I agree, but he did not pitch that bad at all this time around. He hasn't been fantastic at all but he was hardly terrible either.

Where did I say I was giving up on Villanueva or call him terrible?? I just said he doesn't look good right now. Is that really a stretch? 10.2 IP, 12 H, 9 R, 8 ER, 6 BB, WHIP 1.69 OBA .388. 6.75 ERA I don't think those are the numbers any of us were hoping for from Villa. He has plenty of time to turn it around, but right now I don't trust him in big spots and he hasn't impressed me. And I don't consider a 2 RBI double down the line that one or 2 hops the fence a weak line drive. Especially on an 0-2 pitch

"Tell Mr. Selig next time that guy pitches he's probably getting one in the ribs."
Oh, wow, so that really was what he said. I was listening to the interview on my walkman as we walked back to the Giants lot, but the noise around us made it hard for me to tell for sure. Should we just start an informal pool on how soon the bench-clearing brawl erupts? Do the Pirates really feel that bad about the iPhone commercial last fall?

It was a fun game. The Brewers should seriously consider having five-spot innings more often. There is hardly any inning when that would be inappropriate.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

So if I downloaded that onto my itunes, can anyone tell me how to edit it so only the five second clip can be saved as it's own file? I would really like my text message alert to say "You can tell Mr Selig that the next time that kid pitches he's probably going to get one in the ribs"

Here is the four second quote: http://www.mediafire.com/?oldlynwmyxm

This was definitely a fun game to be at. The beginning fireworks with the offense getting on Karstens and then him plunking Braun had the crowd pretty fired up. The game dragged a little bit in the middle innings with all of the pitching changes. Villanueva is starting to give a little cause for concern. I know he can turn it around, though.

It was pretty awesome to see Hoffman, even though that 8th inning rally made it a laugher. Section 212 had a "Trevor Hoffman! *clap clap clap clap clap* chant going pretty much the entire 9th inning.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

My one criticism of the game last night was that "Hells Bells" needs to be louder. That opening BONG should reverberate around the stadium to really get the crowd going, I think. Other than that, what a fun game - and Coffey Time was hilarious!

I regretted the absence of "Dream Police" when Mark DiFelice made his entrance. I don't know if he vetoed that music selection or if the stadium contest played during his jog to the field precluded the playing of special music.

But I didn't have too many other regrets on the night.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Wow, some delusional people over on that Pirates forum right now. A lot of people certain the Pirates will finish ahead of the Brewers, etc.

Well, to be fair, I only saw one or two people say that, and they were kinda being prodded by some ignorant trolling Brewers' fan.

I do find their perspective on Rock and BA interesting--I thought they were being fair in their assesment of Karstens' plunking, and I never heard them say anything about Karstens' control to the extent some of their fans heard it as. And then to say the Marlins announcers were fair? Those guys, to me, are the most grating homers in MLB. Anyway.

Yeah, I just found it amusing that Pirates fans of all people would be putting down the Brewers. Yeah, I realize the Brewers were once the Pilots (for one whole year) and have never won the World Series...but I'd rather be in the situation now where our team was actually in the playoffs last year and seem to have a good chance to make it back again. The Pirates are poised to set the record for longest losing season streak in MLB...if they'd rather be in that position, they can have it. We also have an owner who has shown willingness to spend money in order to re-sign players and acquire free agents, as well as better players through trades. The Pirates ownership has shown a willingness to pocket revenue sharing money and trade off their marquee players at the first chance.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Not to mention the 8,790 fans they drew last Monday versus the 32,192 that the Brewers drew last night. I hope that more of their fanbase is in touch with reality because there's not much of a debate as to which organization is superior.

Archived