Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-27 Pirates (Karstens) at Brewers (Looper) 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 10-5]

crewcrazy
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can we put him back in the 2 hole? I really think thats what he needs.
You mean the 2 hole where he went 0-28 at one point last year or the 2 hole where he barely had a better OPS than while he batted 5th last year.

It has nothing to do with it, he had a lot of bad luck early and he slumped the last couple weeks. The position in the order is not the answer.

I wanted a full inning of Coffey and Macha only gave me an Espresso.

Yeah, I really don't understand why you don't double switch there and put Counsell in for Hardy. If we score, great, go get Hoffman, if not, we still have Coffey. Counsell's on-deck anyway, so I really don't get what Macha was thinking.

Can we put him back in the 2 hole? I really think thats what he needs.
You mean the 2 hole where he went 0-28 at one point last year or the 2 hole where he barely had a better OPS than while he batted 5th last year.

It has nothing to do with it, he had a lot of bad luck early and he slumped the last couple weeks. The position in the order is not the answer.

To be fair, Hardy in his career is a .280/.327/.484 batting 2nd.

Compares to .237/.269/.361 batting 5th.

But I agree once he starts hitting it really wont matter, Hardy has proved he is a good hitter. He is just in a slump right now, it happens.

Archived