Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-27 Pirates (Karstens) at Brewers (Looper) 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 10-5]

crewcrazy
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Nelson is the best choice we have for a LH Of off the bench since you don't want to stunt anyones growth. I question Macha's choice to use Nelson there though, that seems like a Counsell moment to me since his career numbers with bases loaded are so good and he does such a good job putting the ball in play. He isn't even grounding out much this year with the new stance.

I think Nelson is the best choice we have for a LH Of off the bench since you don't want to stunt anyones growth. I question Macha's choice to use Nelson there though, that seems like a Counsell moment to me since his career numbers with bases loaded are so good and he does such a good job putting the ball in play. He isn't even grounding out much this year with the new stance.
Yeah as soon as they showed the camera shot into the dugout and I saw Nelson putting on his helmet I was wondering where Counsell was. Thats his bread and butter

Still waiting for one of those patented 16-for-20 Hardy hot streaks to kick in. Once he gets going, this offense will be scary, especially since it seems like Braun's locked in already.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Seeing the way Nelson fits into his batting helmet, it looks like he can start stunting the growth any day now.

Archived