Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee area, I need your help

Bikeage77

My girlfriend is doing a photo project for UWM. She's trying to document old antique signs. The most common ones are motels, but bowling alley's, boutiques, and restaraunts have them too. If you know of any by your house, on your way to work, or whatever, could you give me the location? She'd really appreciate it!

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/892/motel3.jpg

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but, the Arby's in Cudahy (5965 S Packard Ave, Cudahy) seems pretty old (it's also visible in google street view, if you want to check it out).

That's fantastic the National Liquor Bar sign was preserved by someone. I only drank there once, but I lived 3 blocks away from there, and got carry out a lot.

I totally didn't think of google maps, that will help a lot before we drive around the county to take pictures, good call!

Nice, I'll have to check out both those. Over the weekend we got one on Ryan Rd and 27th. A lady came out and yelled at her for it. She said she should have asked permission. We drove around a little bit, came back and took another one from the road. We also got Victoria's Motel on S Chicago off of Ryan Rd. Then decided to go to Kenosha to get the Mars Cheese Castle and Bobby Nelson's Cheese next door. On Layton there was another sign that read ROOMS.

I'm trying to concinve her to load up her collection on flickr or something. If she does, I'll post a link. I appreciate all your help! Keep em coming, as this is an obsession to her as bobbleheads are to me.

Archived