Brewer Fanatic

Minute Maid Park - Houston

Yount19
Today was my first time there and I'm sure glad the Brewers won. The Astro fans there are , really rude to Brewer fans. This also included the people that work at the stadium. At first I thought maybe it was just my group (5 people) but at least 30 other Brewer fans we met during and after the game said the same thing. Maybe some Brewer fans caused some problems the night before, but I've never been treated like that even at Wrigley. We were by the bullpen (Astros) and everytime we went down the aisle the usher made each Brewer fan repeatedly show our ticket, but Astro fans could walk on through. Two girls in our hotel didn't get the free giveaway (hat replica) because they were Brewer fans too. And lastly, the swearing they do.. f' the Brewers, f' Braun, Braun is gay, Prince is fat etc.. This was with kids around and an usher sitting right next to us who was too busy worrying about us putting our feet on the wall. Then as we left, we caught up with about 8 other Brewer fans and were serenaded by the chants of Brewers Suck! I can never understand that one when their team loses.. Oh well, at least the Brewers won...

Sorry you had a hard time there

Interesting where you get it. I never thought the Houston fans would have an issue with the Brew Crew (although they seemed to start hating Cam like Cards' fans do Billy Hall), nor have I heard a lot about them as hecklers. The Brewers, having no true natural enemies (we're still about third on Cubs' fans' list of most hated teams), have not provided me with too many opportunities to get well and truly heckled when I've seen them on the road.

A few Giants' fans took umbrage with the Brewers' fans in my section during the late innings of the last game of a sweep here in SF last year (to be fair, our fans were kinds rubbing it in their faces, which I thought was unnecessary), one Padre fan pointedly asked me what there was to do in Milwaukee (he was a toothless redneck, so what can I say), and a group of teenagers in Toronto chanted "Brewers Suck!" after me in a pretty harmless fashion as I walked into the Rogers Centre a few years back, but that is pretty much it.

I also have never really been given a hard time at Wrigley. I'm not saying you did anything wrong in Houston, but I often believe it's a get what you give kinda thing. Like you presumably do, I always try and remember I'm the guest--if only Cubs' fans would do the same at MP.

I should add that twice at AT&T Park, I've been serenaded with the Laverne and Shirley theme song...once when the Brewers' weren't playing and I was just wearing the cap. It was done in complete fun though.

I reminded them that one Mr. Arthur Fonzarelli had my back.

Maybe they think Brewer fans are at fault for the hurricane hitting last fall and Miller Park facilitating that "home" series with the Cubs. Sounds like airtight logic to me.

Not to take this way off topic, but BDK, Jack Wilson?!?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived