Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-25 Brewers (Suppan) at Astros (Hampton): 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-8]

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not that Villy is finding the plate but I just don't like a pitching change with bases loaded and the game winner on third. It never seems to go well. The pressure on the pitcher that isn't loose yet... I don't feel good about this. YES!!! I meant that I like going to the pen here.

Not that Villy is finding the plate but I just don't like a pitching change with bases loaded and the game winner on third. It never seems to go well. The pressure on the pitcher that isn't loose yet... I don't feel good about this. YES!!! I meant that I like going to the pen here.
That pitch change was at least 1 batter too late, CV was over 40 pitches. I know Macha wants to save DiFelice in case Parra can't throw strikes tomorrow but to me that was a Ned Yost decision leaving CV in so long.

Again, with the poor pitch selection by Houston to Corey.

But I'll take it, again.

I would throw nothing but low outside sliders to Corey. Until he proves he can not swing at 4 of them in a row. Because I don't think he will be able to.

That is a really bad pitch for JJ to swing at in this situation and even worse of a pitch for Hall to swing at. If we lose this game we deserve it. In fact that 1 AB sums up exactly why Hall struggles so much vs righties. The pitcher is obviously tired and having problems throwing strikes and you swing at a pitch in the dirt with bases loaded and 1 out? Just rubbish.

Archived