Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-25 Brewers (Suppan) at Astros (Hampton): 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-8]

wOOgiE22
Man, the Astros' announcers didn't seem too pleased neither with the way Cam broke up that DP nor the way Billy eyeballed that one going out

Meh, sour grapes. Too much whining nowadays.

To be fair, they didn't go on about it...a lot of replays and with a couple pointed comments/silences.

I don't mind listening to them at all--the only opposing teams announcers I really dread are the Cubs and the Marlins--terrible homers and very chatty and loud.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The really sad thing about Soup's performance is that his ERA has dropped almost a run and a half this game.

How does that happen?

6 IP, 3 ER is a quality start too for what it is worth, our 8th in the last 9 games if I'm not mistaken.

Exactly - I would be pretty content if we got that out of Soup's turn in the rotation every time

Just noticed this, but does anybody think Mike DiMuro looks a little bit like Lance Berkman?
I think Mike DiMuro looks more like a bad umpirehttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif. The shape of their faces are similar, but other than that I personally don't see much resemblance

Cooper is screaming at DiMuro.

Bill: "I don't know why Cecil got thrown out."

It really is a mystery Bill.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif hmm, yeah whatever happened to "can't argue balls and strikes"? I guess Bill thinks that should not apply to his buddies.

That pitch was not even close according to game day, not sure why that was the one to get all worked up over.

Not only is Mike DiMuro probably the worst MLB umpire I have seen in my lifetime, but on top of that he looks to me like he enjoys instigating arguments. What a bum

How did he instigate that arguement...by calling a ball a ball?

Not only is Mike DiMuro probably the worst MLB umpire I have seen in my lifetime, but on top of that he looks to me like he enjoys instigating arguments. What a bum

I disagree. Doug Eddings is probably the worst umpire ever.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

How did he instigate that arguement...by calling a ball a ball?

He follows players as they walk away towards the dugout if they are saying something to further continue the argument, which is pretty much a no-no for umps. I have seen it with him many times during his umpiring career not even counting tonight. He's one of those umps that instead of ignoring something a player mumbles under his breath as he walks he says something along the lines of "what did you say" as he follows them and becomes the antagonizer.

I disagree. Doug Eddings is probably the worst umpire ever.

Can't disagree with you there. Eddings is as bad or worse than DiMuro in my book, but they both pretty much stink at their job. It seems every time I see DiMuro ump, both teams have problems with him

Archived