Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-24 Brewers (Gallardo) at Astros (Paulino): 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-2]

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Better outing: Bush or Yo?

Yo. Bush had a few walks and hit and batter or two. He had a pretty high pitch count as well.

Bush's gamescore for the game yesterday was 72. Yo's should be somewhere around 76 fwiw.

What is this, I have never heard of it?

Hey thanks for the Hoffman update ELCABALLO! I would have to say Yo's pitching performance was a bit better but they were both great and I would take either any day! Just an FYI, my buddy that is a cubs fan (i know, i know - he is from IL) just text me and said that Aramis strained his calf tonight and that Marmol also got injured while pitching tonight.

Good for you Coop! Good to hear him say that even if it doesn't even need to be discussed!

Better outing: Bush or Yo?

Yo. Bush had a few walks and hit and batter or two. He had a pretty high pitch count as well.

Bush's gamescore for the game yesterday was 72. Yo's should be somewhere around 76 fwiw.

What is this, I have never heard of it?

Its a formula created by Bill James to figure out how good a pitcher (or batter) did during the game.

Basically you get so many points for innings and strikeouts and get negative points for giving up runs and walks.

Click here to have it all explained

That was such a fun game to watch. Gallardo's fantastic performance, the 2 out rally and Rickie's bomb. Just awesome.
Yep, probably my favorite of the year next to seeing Yo go yard live here in SF (yesterday's was just too tense, and I always get too worked up with Cubs' games).

And this also really adds nothing, but I gotta say it: I'd promised my wife that we'd exercise together after work, but the game was in full flush (right after the 2 out rally), so when we went into the living room to do some yoga together for about an hour or so, I positioned myself so I'd be able to catch glances of the game itself playing on mute in the other room.

So yeah: I did yoga while watching YoGa.

Kinda hard to have disciplined meditative repose when you keep wanting to pump your fist.

Archived