Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-24 Brewers (Gallardo) at Astros (Paulino): 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-2]

wOOgiE22
That short porch had no impact on Lee's homer...he crushed it.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. The camera made it look like it was crushed and so did BA but I went back and watched it and it looked like it was only about 7-10 rows into the Crawford Boxes. 15-20 ft to the right and that ball is in the park and possibly caught

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone have a pitch count on Yo??
63 (41 strikes)

SoCal Brew Crew Fan wrote:

That short porch had no impact on Lee's homer...he crushed it.

That's what i thought too, but they showed the replay from the side angle and it landed in the middle of the box. That's a lazy fly ball in basically any other park.

This Paulino guy's really not fooling anybody. Bill struck out on a foul tip, and Fielder went down swinging earlier, but Gameday is showing me that pretty much all the other swings have been bat on ball. He also seems to be really worried about Hardy stealing second. Huh.

Edit: as soon as I type this he strikes out the side. Fitting.

This Paulino guy's really not fooling anybody. Bill struck out on a foul tip, and Fielder went down swinging earlier, but Gameday is showing me that pretty much all the other swings have been bat on ball. He also seems to be really worried about Hardy stealing second. Huh.
Man if JJ can take second base on him and Pudge he's got bigger things to worry about. Nice dog BTW

He's hanging a lot of sliders too that the brewers are taking (while looking fastball i'm guessing). He needs a changeup or something. His slider isn't good enough for him to be just a two pitch pitcher.

You guys are right...I stand corrected and deleted my post. No HD in the basement...looked like it went off the wall in the back. Checked the DVR upstairs...sure enough, first row.

Wouldn't be surprised if BA coaxed you in a bit too. Is it just me or does he seem extremely bad on judging distance on fly balls this year? Like Uecker in the last few years bad.

Thanks! My wife and I contend that he's the cutest dog in the world.

Anyway, yeah, until this inning, Paulino really might have only had two or three swings-and-misses. Striking out Kendall doesn't count, though http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Thanks! My wife and I contend that he's the cutest dog in the world.

Anyway, yeah, until this inning, Paulino really might have only had two or three swings-and-misses. Striking out Kendall doesn't count, though http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

He is an awfully handsome guy! Siberian or malamute?

I love watching Yo pitch! And on cue BA says that Yo threw one of his best fastballs of the night at 93 mph to Berkman. I have seen several at 94 and one at 95. Good call though BA

GormanHarvey wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised if BA coaxed you in a bit too. Is it just me or does he seem extremely bad on judging distance on fly balls this year? Like Uecker in the last few years bad.

Great call Gorman...Serves me right for sticking up for him in yesterday's thread. Gallardo really buckled down after that homer. Keep it going Yo!!!

Great call Gorman...Serves me right for sticking up for him in yesterday's thread. Gallardo really buckled down after that homer. Keep it going Yo!!!
Haha - he has really been getting under my skin this year. I had been agitated with him pretty much every game so far, but yesterday just pushed me over the edge. And now this business of him getting you to think something that really wasn't?! That dirty rascal

He is an awfully handsome guy! Siberian or malamute?
He's a Siberian - he seems purebred, but he was a shelter dog, so we can't be certain. I'm on the couch with my laptop and Con Law, and he's sleeping on my feet http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Good to see Rickie get another one - nice little insurance run. Hopefully Yo keeps this up. He's been sharp except for that one pitch to Lee.

A couple notes after looking at replays on MLB.com:

-Prince's foot was off the base on Rickie's dropped liner drive, recovery.

-The Houston announcers said the fans had no right to boo and Cam's play was just clean and hard.

I do hope that Cameron is ok given his concussion history.

-The Houston announcers said the fans had no right to boo and Cam's play was just clean and hard.

I do hope that Cameron is ok given his concussion history.

Thats exactly what I was thinking when I saw how early the ball got there. Thats the last thing Cam needs. Good to hear the 'Stros announcers at least know how the game is played/ On another Cam related note, he has just been on just about every pitch so far this year. Looks just fantastic! And he is like a gazelle in CF. Can't tell I like me some Cam at all, can ya?

Archived