Brewer Fanatic

Best Burger

Web Jim Edmonds

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1155186/Photos/054.jpg

This is actually a friend's burger. I could only handle a single today, not the double + bacon. Anyways, I'd probably put it on par with Oscar's. Was decent, but sorta dry. If you live in that area, it's probably a decent substitute for Kopp's.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hardee's is way underrated. I wish there were more around. I only know of the one off 794 and Layton, and the one on the way to Madison, near Delafield. Are there others?

I'm surprised Solly's only got one mention. They're small, but that's one delicious heart attack on a bun.

I consider myself kind of a burger nut, here are some of my faves.

Milwaukee: Sobleman's is by far my favorite. Solly's, was overrated, but still tasty. I don't get the love for Kopp's. It's big, but it's like a dried out beef frisbee.

Madison: I love Bob's Bad Breath Burger at the Weary Traveler for a non-traditional burger. It's seriously one of the best things I've ever tasted. The Gritty Burger at the Nitty Gritty is always delicious. Dotty's was good - especially their garlic sauce - but I don't get the hype.

Elsewhere: I'm in love with the double cheeseburger w/onions at Wedl's Hamburger Stand in Jefferson. Had one last night. The Log Cabin in Howards Grove and Schulz's in Sheboygan. Both are similar to the Kroll's burger, but in my estimation, better. Hard roll, lots of butter, onions. Delicious. Kroll's has coasted on their reputation for the last decade or so. I grew up in GB, and I honestly can't think of a single burger place I love there.

I'll also echo the Culver's love. I think a lot of people take it for granted, but the double deluxe is an outstanding fast food cheeseburger. In N Out is great. I also love Whoppers.

Saw the BBBB mentioned a couple times and figured I should chime in that I worked there years ago. Since I moved away, I've found nothing that can satisfy my B4 withdrawal.

As a side note, if you ever go back to the Weary Traveler, look for a "family photo" of seven roommates on the wall. I'm the one in the middle.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a huge fan of Kuma. I just hope it doesn't end up like Hot Dougs where it takes you 2 hrs to get food.
It seems like it's been that way for a while--at a certain point, even a great burger just isn't worth it to me.
I have found that if you go to Kuma about 2 or 3 in the afternoon you can get a table fairly quickly at Kuma. What really hurts Doug's is the limited hours. I had the Lair of the Minotaur - fantastic!!!

Archived