Brewer Fanatic

Best Burger

Web Jim Edmonds
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am more appalled that Wendy's puts Mayo on their burgers. YUCK!

Mayo is the best thing to put on a burger as it makes a great sauce when it combines with meat juices.

On a sort of related note, I'm also kind of grossed out by the fact that they claim to not freeze their burgers. What do they do, leave them out to rot?

They use fresh meat that hasn't been frozen, but rather refrigerated.

I hate ketchup
You are a communist.
Well, then diskono and I are both communists, because I dislike ketchup too.

However, I do like secret stadium sauce. Does that have any redemptive value?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Well, then diskono and I are both communists, because I dislike ketchup too.

However, I do like secret stadium sauce. Does that have any redemptive value?

Hmmm....gonna have to get a judges ruling on that one.

Yep, you're covered.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Red Robin is good, but a local place here in San Antonio called Chris Madrid's is amazing! Their bacon cheeseburger not only causes cravings and puddles of drool to come out of my mouth, but their tostada burger causes the same reaction in my wife! It's a fun little local hole-in-the wall place that makes great food and is one of those places you need to visit when you're in San Antonio.

I live right down the street from Nite Owl but have never tried it, maybe after the game. Is it a sit down restaurant or bar/grill type place? Can you get stuff to go?

I never realized it's not standard to put ketchup on a bacon burger...

I live right down the street from Nite Owl but have never tried it, maybe after the game. Is it a sit down restaurant or bar/grill type place? Can you get stuff to go?

I never realized it's not standard to put ketchup on a bacon burger...

Nite Owl is sort of like Kopp's; only its old school style

I am more appalled that Wendy's puts Mayo on their burgers. YUCK!
Love the mayo on burgers, and LOVE ketchup on just about everything. On a semi-unrelated tangent, I have never been looked at stranger than when I go to Subway and order a meatball sub. Apparently they have something against a meatball sub with lettuce and extra cheese--heavy on the mayo!! Oh so good that way.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

The PLAZABURGER at The Plaza bar in Madison is my favorite burger in the world. I'm sure some people on this board have been there, especially if you went to UW. It's a dive bar that is a staple for me after Badger football games. The Plazaburger is not your traditional 1/3 pound of grilled beef loaded with everything under the sun. Small patty fried on a whole wheat bun with the "secret" Plaza sauce and pickles.........I would eat a half dozen if it wouldn't give me an instant heart attack.

• 2 weeks later...
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Sobleman's opening another Milwaukee location:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/business/45127287.html

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Hands down it's Nite Owl off Layton Ave. I have yet to find a burger that comes close. Meet the challenge of a double cheeseburger, fries and a shake and you've become a man. Solidly in second place is a Kopp's burger. I live in Madison and there is no place here that can hold a candle to Nite Owl or Kopp's. Not even Dotty's, which is probably Madison's best burger joint.
nite owl is deffinatley on the top of the chart! my mouth is watering just thinking bout it

Had the "hawaiian burger" at Mr Gyros (on Greenfield near Hwy 100) yesterday.
That place inside the new-ish Mobil? What made you think to try them? I live about three blocks away and have never ventured in there.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

• 1 month later...

Archived