Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-23 Brewers (Bush) at Phillies (Hamels): 12:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-1]

crewcrazy
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, except that Prince knows the game and he looked directly into the Philly dugout. HJis body language seemed like he thought it was intentional for some reason. As we know, some of these things can be something said or done much earlier in the series, or even last year.

Anderson is terrible? Based on what? I think he's fine.

Anyway, nice to get a series win against the defending World Champions.

Him talking about a no hitter through out the game. Him acting like a routine fly ball to the outfield has a chance to get out. Him barely commenting on a long fly ball to the warning track. I can't stand the guy.

Anderson is terrible? Based on what? I think he's fine.

Anyway, nice to get a series win against the defending World Champions.

Him talking about a no hitter through out the game. Him acting like a routine fly ball to the outfield has a chance to get out. Him barely commenting on a long fly ball to the warning track. I can't stand the guy.

Also, it wouldn't kill him to be even mildly interesting or entertaining.

Great outing by Bushie today, eventually he is going to get that no hitter. Hopefully its with us.

As for BA, I think he has certainly gotten better since his arrival, but still leaves something to be desired. It goes well beyond what was said today and what he said during Bush's attempt against Toronto.

I think part of what makes him a grating d-bag is how he thinks he has mastered the art of calling a game. His thoughts on keeping himself at a 4 out of 10 early in the game and then elevating to a 10 out of 10 in big moments cemented it for me. You really can't just sit there and talk about the game? Your natural ability to know what is worth getting excited about and talk in the right tone isn't enough? The best announcers sound like your friend who is just talking about what he's seeing. With Brian it's like he had the announcing text book out and studied it and he comes off fake. I wish he would go back to the Golf Channel.

Yes, except that Prince knows the game and he looked directly into the Philly dugout. HJis body language seemed like he thought it was intentional for some reason. As we know, some of these things can be something said or done much earlier in the series, or even last year.
I don't know if he thought it was intentional or if it was just frustration with getting hit so often during the series. It was, what, the third or fourth time this series alone? Even if it's not intentional, it gets frustrating, and Prince isn't the kind of guy who hides frustration well.

Of course, we can only hope that this leads to him getting so ticked that he hits 5 HR in the next 3 games. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I didn't see the game live today, just radio, but I'll stand by my long held contention. Unless you have Extra Innings and actively see and hear the other teams broadcasts, you will have never understand how good we have it with BA. The guy is very solid.

As for talking about the no-no, I didn't hear it, but I find a ton of humor in these silly superstitions. As he mentioned in his blog...are you better off mentioning it, or having people tune out because they aren't aware of what is going on? I side with BA.

Congrats to The Beard on a spectacular outting and congrats to the Crew on winning 2 in a row, taking the series from the World Champs, and getting off the schnide in Philly! I think Prince is gonna start heating up now. Liner back up the middle (hope Hamels is OK) and a double to left! Braun is on fire and I like Cam right now in the 5 hole. And another ridiculous defensive effort from Billy to go along with his HR! Look out 'Stros!!

Yes I realize that, it's just that you can tell he is doing to irritate people like me that enjoy baseball superstition.
Or maybe he's doing it to play to people like me, who thinks the superstition is stupid. I loved it.

I hope this game is replayed tonight.
It's your lucky day. The game is being replayed at 7 tonight.
Good. I might look away briefly after Hall's web gem in the 8th, though.

My mother sent me an email after today's game that includes this comment:

Who is this Matt Stairs? He looks like he should be coaching...or about to receive his first AARP letter.
Edit: I should point out that she did not have FSN access when Stairs was with the Brewers, so she wouldn't have known he used to play for Milwaukee.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived