Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-23 Brewers (Bush) at Phillies (Hamels): 12:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-1]

crewcrazy
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didnt move since the 3rd inning, and I realized I had to use the bathroom after the 4th... What a great outing by Dave.

Right there with you, had been holding it since the 5th. I get all the people who think it is dumb to follow the superstition, but I think it makes it a lot more fun.

So do you just leave Stetter in until at least Ibanez, considering two of the next three Phillies are lefties. I would assume Swindle and Julio are the end of the pen options, and I still don't trust Julio here.

I knew it. Mass Haas is a traitor!

On-site pic of Mass:

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/staffpix/jim_goulart.jpg

Phillies video feed of today's game confirms Mass in Phillies garb:

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1476/massw.png

Sorry, which of my friends are you? I don't recognize your screenname. I only suggested turning the radio to those at work... I didn't actually use the words. My apologies to Dave Bush.
We'll consider yours a minor infraction. But my friend was guilty of major infractions. I'll make him pay this weekend with a nasty shot of some sort.

Matt freakin' Stairs. New entry on the enemies list.

However, Dave Bush has zoomed to the top of my "next player tee purchase" list.

Also, props to Cory and Bob for calling it right. I hope this game is replayed tonight.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I don't know, it's not that surprising. Bush is a local guy, and Phillies fans are mostly very classy individuals. Happy to cheer for people who deserve it, and we have lots of respect for the Brewers.

Why did Fielder get plunked? Is their some old time rule in baseball etiquette that syas you should hit someone for almost getting no-hit? Also noticed Prince was saying something to the catcher right before the pitch... Just seemed like an odd time in the game to hit him intentionaly.

Sorry, which of my friends are you? I don't recognize your screenname. I only suggested turning the radio to those at work... I didn't actually use the words. My apologies to Dave Bush.
We'll consider yours a minor infraction. But my friend was guilty of major infractions. I'll make him pay this weekend with a nasty shot of some sort.

I've already been informed by my teammates that got my message that I'm buying after softball practice tonight due to my little infraction.

I don't think Fielder getting hit was intentional. Lidge seemed to really be struggling with his command that inning...wouldn't be surprised if one got away from him a bit. In the Hart at-bat he spiked a 95 mph fastball, so I wouldn't doubt it just being a mistake.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I think the word on Prince is to bust him high and in. Miss a little bit and it's a HBP. That's probably why he's gotten so many. That's a price you sometimes pay for covering the outside part of the plate with so much power. Nothing intentional, just something that happens to people that crowd the plate like Weeks also does.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Awesome to take 2 of 3 from the World Champs, even if they're struggling. Hopefully this gets the team going a bit...now let's take 2 of 3 from the 'Stros and get ready to dominate at home. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived