Brewer Fanatic

Philly

Oldcity
I'm going to the games on Wednesday and Thursday. I've never been to Philadelphia, and I'm wondering if anyone here who's been to the stadium and/or surrounding area has any advice? Good places to park for the game? Good places to eat? Things I should see or do while I'm there? Thanks!

If you are into history at all, you could check out Independence Hall. Even if you are not, it is one of the most significant historic places in America since both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were written there. I haven't been to the new ballpark so I'm not sure exactly how far away it is, but I would imagine that it isn't too great of a distance.

Well I've been to Wrigley with Brewer stuff on, so hopefully this won't be too much worse. Philly fans obviously have that reputation though. Independence Hall sounds good to me; hopefully it's not too far. Thanks.

just be prepared to get booed and stuff thrown at you for having your brewers stuff on, their parking is a lot like miller park's, parking is all around the park....I also reccomend going to Independence Hall, we did that when we were there.

I went to that horrendous series last year in full gear and the fans were actually pretty decent to me. I even got a couple "don't worry man, you guys got a good team" comments as I left the park with my tail between my legs. From my experience they are much harder on their own team than the opposition.

Why not go to both Pat's and Geno's, and let us know which you prefer. They are right across the street from each other. And since you'll be in Philly anyhow, can you throw a decent change-up or put a bat on the ball with some level of frequency?

Archived