Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-21 Brewers (Parra) at Phillies (Moyer): 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 11-4]

razzzorsharp
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weeks is out? Anybody hear anything about that yet?
On that infield hit between him & JJ, JJ's shoulder clipped Rickie in the jaw... the same jaw hit while batting last week.
Ahh, didn't see that play. Thanks for the update. Did it look serious or just in need of a rest today?
BA just said Weeks left with dizziness.

I think it's weird the Rock has claimed more than once this season that we have a young infield. I mean, yeah, we have no 10 year veterans, but each of those infielders has multiple full seasons under their belt. It's not like they're rookies any more. It just sounds odd to my ears.
Yeah, and it's not like they're 23 years old and have three years of experience either. One is going to be 30 in late December, two others are going to be 27 in August and September respectively and Fielder's going to be 25 in a few weeks.

Holy crap. Braun killed that ball. I'll be the pessimist and say 10 bucks that is all the offense we get this game. Any takers? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
All the Brewers really need are a few more home runs by Braun and they'll be in the lead. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I think it's weird the Rock has claimed more than once this season that we have a young infield. I mean, yeah, we have no 10 year veterans, but each of those infielders has multiple full seasons under their belt. It's not like they're rookies any more. It just sounds odd to my ears.
Yeah, and it's not like they're 23 years old and have three years of experience either. One is going to be 30 in late December, two others are going to be 27 in August and September respectively and Fielder's going to be 25 in a few weeks.
Is he trying to make excuses for them? Because it's not like they really need it. Bill's made some really great stops, Rickie's been less Weeks-like and I think Craig Counsell is leading the infielders in errors, so it's a weird need to justify there.

Good God. I want to throw the remote at my TV right now. What a moron. Walk Moyer who batter .078 last year to pitch against Jimmy Rollins. Jorge Julie is a microcosm of everything wrong with this ballclub right now. I'm so thrilled that Macha put him in...

After Braun hit that homer, Julio should've been sat and been replaced by a better reliever. We're back in the game at that point. Instead, Julio gives it right back and possibly more.

If there's any silver lining in this, it should be a fairly easy decision on who to get rid of when Hoffman returns.

This is just brutal, but I can't say it's undeserved. This is a club that will flash good things, but will get beat on dribblers and weak grounders because they also do (or don't do) enough to put themselves in position to get beat that way.

Archived