Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-21 Brewers (Parra) at Phillies (Moyer): 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 11-4]

razzzorsharp
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly. Why would macha even bother warming someone else up, now? If he pulls Para, it's because it's already at least 5-1. Why burn your bullpen up for that?
I agree. Play some old-school baseball and leave him in there. Let him pile up 13 runs. This team needs to figure it out.

Honestly. Why would macha even bother warming someone else up, now? If he pulls Para, it's because it's already at least 5-1. Why burn your bullpen up for that?
Oh man, I'm stuck with this one on Gameday and this is the only thing that could drive me further up the wall than Manny's performance this inning. I mean, it's not like they're playing 20 straight days starting today or anything.

Why is our pitching so horrible right now?

They gave up 11 runs in the preceding 4 games, so they have been much better recently. Not tonight, obviously.

By a lot of luck and GREAT pitching by Todd Coffey. How many lucky double plays with the bases loaded have we gotten the last couple of days?

According to Bill, Ibanez is an upgrade over Burrell in LF defensively.

UZR/150

Burrell: -7.1

Ibanez: -10.4

He's just an awful announcer.

your only looking at 2008 though, in 2007 for example Burrell was at -25.2, its not that simple

by the way manny looks just awful

your only looking at 2008 though, in 2007 for example Burrell was at -25.2, its not that simple

And Ibanez was -23.3.

My main point was Ibanez and Burrell are both bad defenders, so Bill saying Ibanez is a big upgrade over Burrell is ridiculous. Though I've come to expect that from his commentary.

Why the heck can't he throw those kind of breaking balls to the other hitters. Only to Moyer. That would lock them up all day...

My guess is because he's afraid they're going to hit them, so instead he tries to get them to chase. The problem is they don't swing at the stuff out of the zone early in the count so he has to go in the zone in hitters counts and ends up getting crushed.

Weeks is out? Anybody hear anything about that yet?
On that infield hit between him & JJ, JJ's shoulder clipped Rickie in the jaw... the same jaw hit while batting last week.
Ahh, didn't see that play. Thanks for the update. Did it look serious or just in need of a rest today?

wow. Parra made Ibanez look like a rookie. Didn't even take the bat off his shoulder. That was great pitching in that AB.

If he can just get ahead of guys, he can drop that nasty curveball and then have his way the batters. And as I am typing, he seeds one to Feliz for a solo shot...

This game blows about as much as the entire season has. I don't expect a win every day but I do expect to extract some fun out of watching a sports game. We get a half inning of enjoyment tonight. Awwww, thanks.
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up, doesn't it? There just hasn't been anything to get excited about yet. I have found myself bored out of mind way too much watching Brewer games so far.

I think it's weird the Rock has claimed more than once this season that we have a young infield. I mean, yeah, we have no 10 year veterans, but each of those infielders has multiple full seasons under their belt. It's not like they're rookies any more. It just sounds odd to my ears.

Seriously, Prince has been hit twice and Manny's control has been non-existent and the fans are booing when Manny puts a pitch inside. Hilarious. We'd be thrilled if he had enough control to purposely buzz the tower.

Very well stated. What can you say about Philadelphia fans I guess.

Archived