Brewer Fanatic

Cubs get Nady/Marte from Pittsburgh - Fake

Hey all, new member here, glad to have found this place, looks like a great forum for Brewers fans!!!! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I don't know if this is the right place to post it, but I just saw on the little ticker on ESPN News that the Cubs made a deal with the Pirates to acquire Xavier Nady and Damaso Marte. They gave up 3 guys to get them, one of them was Scott Moore (who I know they just called up), the other guy had some weird name that started with an H, and they also gave up some guy Pignitelo (sp?). Never heard of any of those guys but I believe that's the correct players they are giving up, just can't remember exactly what the second player's name was .

Not a big deal IMO, Nady is pretty much an average offensive player, Marte is a decent reliever but this is nothing earth shattering. We'll be fine ourselves, as long as we release freaking Balfour soon!

They don't really need to make moves to keep up with the Cubs. They're good enough to win the division as is. This is the first year of their run, they aren't in any hurry. I'm fine if they just stand pat and ride it out with what they have, and I get the feeling that's pretty much what will happen.

Brett - you cant take for granted that the Crew will be in this situation again next year. Things can happen. Prince can get hurt, Big Ben can hurt a shoulder, someone might break a law or get in a freak accident. We are RIGHT THERE now, what are we waiting for?

We don't need to "keep up with the Cubs", it's the Cubs playing catchup here, not us. We have the talent to do well, we are just going through a bit of a mid season rut. Nearly all of our players, except for Braun, are slumping right now. We will be adding Sheets and Hall in the next few days/weeks, that is a big upgrade right there.

While the chance for an injury is there, it's not worth trading away what we've built up for a one time run at the title. The playoffs are such a crapshoot anyway.

I just talked to a buddy from Chicago and he told me this was reported on the sports radio there:

Nady, Marte to Cubs

Scott Moore, Micah Hoffpauir (thats who I was trying to remember lol) and a PTBNL to Pirates.

I'm trying to find a link as we speak, haven't found anything yet though.

Brett - you cant take for granted that the Crew will be in this situation again next year. Things can happen. Prince can get hurt, Big Ben can hurt a shoulder, someone might break a law or get in a freak accident. We are RIGHT THERE now, what are we waiting for?

I'm just not willing to mortgage the future. Maybe if the team was full of 30+ guys, but it's not. The probability is that they will be good for the next 4-5 years. I know there is a freak chance that something could happen, but you can't run the team in fear of something out of your control.

Besides, the way they are playing right now they could definitely win the wild card if they don't win the division.

Archived