Brewer Fanatic

New Yankees ballpark a homerdome?

brewerjamie15

Another issue with the New Yankee Stadium is that the place is apparently not as loud and intimdating as the previous Yankee Stadium. Maybe the fans are still busy walking around and looking at all the new stuff instead of focusing on the game, but the seating bowl is not as conducive to noise as compared to before.

I am guessing that the high-priced seats means there will be more corporate types sitting near the field. They are probably not as loud as the real fans up in the cheaper seats.

I can't even begin to imagine what they will be charging for playoff and World Series tickets for those prime $2500 seats. $10k? 20k? GULP!

AJAY, I agree. I noticed this during the Mets series, too. At Shea, when they played the Brewers (or anybody, probably) and they made a big comeback/rally late in the game, they would crank that music from those outfield speakers so loud to rattle the opponents. And it sure seemed to work. I got no such vibe this weekend at CitiField when watching on TV/listening on radio. It seemed like a very quiet, sterile park.

On topic, 20 home runs were the most for a 4-game series to open a park. I believe MLB Tonight had a graphic up about this and then Matty V. or somebody made a quick comment that the 3-game record was something . . and then I stopped listening. But they did have a separate record.

It will be interesting when they demolish the old building (which I STILL have a hard time believing that they're going to do. Can't they leave SOMETHING up as a museum-piece?) I would expect wind currents will change. But maybe it'll be for the worse. Who knows? I'm sure they did plenty of testing but tests are sometimes wrong.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Another issue with the New Yankee Stadium is that the place is apparently not as loud and intimdating as the previous Yankee Stadium. Maybe the fans are still busy walking around and looking at all the new stuff instead of focusing on the game, but the seating bowl is not as conducive to noise as compared to before

The reason is actually pretty straightforward -- the old Yankee Stadium had the seating incline sloped much higher, & trapped noise better. The new park's seating doesn't incline at such a sharp angle, and allows more noise to escape

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

There was a comment in a BPro article that the HRs are likely to fly out of there the most when the winds are a certain direction and at least 10 MPH, conditions that generally happen in spring and not summer. They suggested that about 1/3 of the way through the season things would settle down, kind of like how Wrigley swaps from pitcher to hitters park at times.

I guess Sabathia got booed at Yankees Stadium yesterday. Think he regrets going there yet? Probably not, with all that money, but it doesn't exactly make me tear up to know he's been scuffling a bit so far in the pinstripes. 1-1 with a 4.81 ERA after 4 games started (yeah, I know he's been a slow starter before).
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived