Brewer Fanatic

2008-04-19 Brewers (Suppan) at Mets (Figueroa): 12:10 PM CDT... Hart and Hardy dye their hair jet black [Brewers win, 4-2]

razzzorsharp
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 2008, with a runner on third and <2 outs, the Brewers scored that runner 47% of the time. The league average was 50%.

In 2008, with a runner on 2nd and 0 outs, the Brewers scored that runner 45% of the time. The league average was 42%.

In 2008, with a runner on third and <2 outs, the Mets score that runner 54% of the time.

In 2008, with a runner on 2nd and 0 outs, the Brewers scored that runner 47% of the time.

So the Mets were slightly better.

There have been two pitches since Sheffield's ball four, that have been in the same location (actually, one was lower) and they were called strikes.

Nice DP! I thought we were the only team that put runners on first and second with nobody out and came away empty.

I hope they send Coffey out there for the 9th. Let this game be his! There's nobody out there I trust right now. McClung would walk 6 to lose it, Villanueva would walk one and then allow a walk off jack, etc. Can Yo close?

Last year we had 913 PA with RISP and less than 2 outs. We scored 319 runs or 1 run per 2.86 PA.

The Mets had 956 PA with RISP and less than 2 outs. They scored 369 runs or 1 per 2.59 PA.

So looks like they were a bit better than us at it last year. Looking at the other stats listed above it looks like we probably scored more runs when we did come through but they came through a lot more often for at least 1 run. Seems like it would make sense given how low our OBP is and how SLG heavy the team is in general. We certainly could use more OBP, I won't disagree.

I still stand by my Coffey=Weathers comparison from last September. When we acquired Weathers on waivers, he'd been a starter with zero success. When we acquired Coffey, he was a reliever who'd experienced some success. Similar styles of pitching, similar stuff, etc.

By the way, great play by Weeks to not try for 2nd. It ensured Kendall scored. I'd expect him running though

Thanks to you Ennder as well. If my math is correct, the Mets were about 9.4% more likely to score in those situations than the Crew. That could be worth a game or two over the course of the season don't ya think?

Anyway, it's nice to see Rickie get that insurance run in. Now, how about a routine inning to close it out for once?

Archived