Brewer Fanatic

2008-04-19 Brewers (Suppan) at Mets (Figueroa): 12:10 PM CDT... Hart and Hardy dye their hair jet black [Brewers win, 4-2]

razzzorsharp
I'm guessing Macha leaving Suppan in is less of a nod to Suppan for pitching well today and more of a statement to the bullpen that other than Coffey Macha has faith in not one guy out there right now, lol.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian has just been awful announcing this year. Every fly ball is "deep" even if it ends up about 250 feet from home plate.
I was just going to post the same thing. I think he has done it at least once in every game. That ball actually went to the track and BA didnt say a word

Near the end of last season BA was the subject of the in-stadium Gameday mag feature story and it was beyond laughable. In complete seriousness he discussed his theories on announcing and how you have to build and you can't just jump right in and even used a 1-10 scale to describe his calls. It was so corny and just really made me roll my eyes at BA. In addition, for him to talk about keeping it at a 4 when he's constantly acting like any fly ball is going to end up out of the park is just funny.

But also tied to that, I've been to MP 3 times so far and it feels like any ball that pops off the bat the whole crowd stands and cheers and the "awwww"s when it's caught in shallow center field. Seriously, why are people so excited about obvious can-o-corn pop-ups as though they think they're going to be out of the park homers.

Why is it that we don't have any pitchers who are capable of throwing the ball over the plate consistently? Is it that hard?

EDIT: Obviously, I know it's hard, otherwise more people would be capable of doing it. So don't take that literally. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Did Sheffield's homer get in Stetter's head?

He got a groundball from Reyes, most of the time that is an out but Reyes is just too fast. He made a decent pitch to Murphy, he just got a single out of it. I don't have much of an issue with that outing by Stetter.

I know Macha wanted to save Coffey for a save situation, but I guess I give him some credit for using him now. Macha looks straight up frustrated.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Move over, Claudio Vargas. Todd Coffey is apparently the new Houdini!

If only we could clone him and we'd have more quality relievers, lol.

Archived