Brewer Fanatic

2008-04-19 Brewers (Suppan) at Mets (Figueroa): 12:10 PM CDT... Hart and Hardy dye their hair jet black [Brewers win, 4-2]

razzzorsharp
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I understand it's a frustrating situation but Brewer fans have to realize that all over the league, there are runners at 3rd with less than 2 out that aren't scoring all the time. With 1 out, they don't score about 35% of the time; with 2 out, they don't score about 75% of the time. It is not just a Brewer problem.

Cameron crushed that ball and it barely got out. That ball is in the new Hog Deck at Miller Park.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I don't care what the results are, leaving Suppan in to bat for himself to lead off this inning is a mistake. The last thing you want is Suppan facing the top of that lineup for a 4th time in the same day. If either of the first 2 guys gets on and Suppan faces Reyes I will explode~.

Let's let Suppan lead off the 7th, just so you he can be pulled in the bottom of the inning. That's just a pet peeve of mine.

EDIT: I see Ennder beat me to it. This is the 20th example this year of why it doesn't matter who's the manager. Suppan is obviously hot right now, and you can't pull a hot pitcher. Never mind that there are publicly available studies that show it's a bunch of bull. It's in "The Book".

Suppan is approaching 100 pitches and will be going through the order for the 4th time. I don't care how many days rest he has or how good he's looked. Sending him out there again for another inning is dumb.

Suppan is approaching 100 pitches and will be going through the order for the 4th time. I don't care how many days rest he has or how good he's looked. Sending him out there again for another inning is dumb.
Couldn't agree with you more. This makes no sense to me. I actually wasn't sure I wanted him out there for the 6th!

Augustine is proving to be a mess on camera... he is falling all over his words.

I don't think I've ever heard Ron Santo get a full sentence out without falling over his words and he has kept a job for a long time now. Maybe Augustine should just become a cheerleader for his own team.

This is just killing me. I've seen it all too much in too many sports lately. Play pretty well, and then a couple of things compound themselves on one play to erase a lot of the effort in another area. That was almost a Little League homer.

Archived