Brewer Fanatic

6-12 start (Over or under)

bobskube
Wow. There is some crazy overreactions going on in this thread. Think about it this way... this is roughly equivalent to the Packers starting 0-1. How many of you would call the season quits with a 0-1 record? Probably no one.
Good point. I started this thread because I do believe we will be 6-12 after this tough road trip. That does not mean that I am giving up on this team. I would like to see the team around .500 and healthy on June 1st. Then Doug and Mark A. can either decide to go for it or trade to release salary for next year.

I predict 81 wins though.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7-11 seems about right to me. Snake 3 wins out of these next six and start to right the ship. Too many things have gone wrong for me to worry about us being bad all year. Every starter hasn't pitched to their expectations, and I refuse to believe our bullpen is Coffey and nothing else. Cameron is the only guy really playing way over his head, while our 3-4-5 hitters are all starting slow. It's no time to panic. I said 87 wins before the season, and I won't change that because of an early skid.

Technically, if you thought they'd win 87 games before the season, you should expect about 85 or 86 wins now. Not because you should adjust your expectations going forward, but because they haven't met you expections thus far.

I started this thread because I do believe we will be 6-12 after this tough road trip.

This opening schedule has been & continues to be tough. Our door prize for taking the NYM series? 3 at the Phillies... great.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I'd say the odds of getting to at least 7 wins is pretty good right now, especially considering the pitchers we face in Houston. Russ Ortiz is terrible, and Felipe Paulino isn't much. Mike Hamton is competitive, but we eat up lefties, especially ones without a great change-up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Its hard to have big expectations without CC or Sheets, but I still feel really good for this team. I felt like this team would have to gel in the middle of the season, figure out who is leading the starting pitchers, and what the bullpen pecking order would be. Coffey has been gigantic for us, and Looper has looked really good to start the year. On the flip side, Parra has been getting shelled, Suppan has been Suppan, and Villanueva and McClung look lost.

If one of Villanueva and McClung returns to form, along with one of Parra and Suppan getting back, I think we can put our hopes up higher. The offense is starting to get right, Braun is doing well, and all Fielder really needs is one 3-3 or 4-4 game to have a decent average, the same goes for Hardy. I'm liking Bill Hall this year a lot so far, his bat it what I expected, and his glove has been freakish.

Let's just sweep Houston, come home at .500 and pretend the first 3 weeks of the season never happened http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
hehe nice, except the fact that the standings have changed. But, obviously, we're good enough to give the other teams in the central a little headstart. they're gonna need it

I would just like to point out that the Brewers would have to finish with a 53-87 run to end with 65 wins. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

A 12-10 start is excellent, IMO. Looking at the numbers tell's you why it is but it still feels wrong how streaky baseball is.

So what's the over/under on how many more sky-is-falling threads we'll see over the rest of the season?

We will have another rotten stretch before the all star break that sees more of them and then probably one more late in the season that sees more of them.

This was not a doom and gloom thread. I really thought with Suppan pitching that Sunday, the Phillies in Philly, and Houston that we would be 6-12.

It did not mean that I was giving up on the season. I have always said that we would win in between 81-85 games. Hopefully, I am wrong and Brewers win 100.

I won't get too up about this streak, and I won't get too down over the next bad spell. Only when you get to the 8-10 in a row either way should you get excited, or freaked out.

This is how I keep my BP in check.

Archived