Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Fan Legends

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this thread isnt intended to be a debate, but so many have checked in in support of the Iceman, I feel I have state my opinion which is just the opposite.
I find him an annoying distraction. I want to watch the game at Miller Park. Not listen to him loudly engage his customers in random stupid banter thats really not in the least bit funny, especially after the thousandth time youve heard the schtick. Hes like the annoying drunk standing in the way that trys to get everyone to do the wave. "Wooooooooooo!" repeat "Wooooo" Wow, now that's entertainment at the old ball park! NOT. Dude, get out my way and sell beer to the bleacher idiots that arent watching the game.
This was the first time in 12 years that Ive seen him at maryvalle (or chandler) and I was hoping he had retired and was going to stay in AZ.

Uh-

If I may, I'd like to make a suggestion here. I'm not trying to embarrass anyone at all, but we do have an avid fan that has not been mentioned just yet. This is a fan who has dedicated quite a bit of time and resources to his team of passion. This fan has garnered quite a bit of attention and handles it with a very modest nod. I'd like you to not forget Brian the Automator as a fan serious enough to have created an entire website and invite other fans to it. His site has gotten national attention and is looked at as classy and intense. Although he'd likely not want mention in the fan hall of fame, he surely belongs there.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

also don't know his name but the trumpeter for the buckethead brigade who still brings his trumpet to the stadium.
I'm pretty sure he is the band director at Waukesha North. Someone who went there told me that.

Yes, the trumpet guy is the band directory from Waukesha North. At one of the buckethead games he did the Star Spangled Banner, so his name and job was on the board.

I believe the Maniac has multiple 20 game packs. I "only" had a 20 game pack in 2001, and the Maniac sat one row in front of me several seats down. He was right above the visitor's bullpen on the field level. When I went to full season, I noticed he was only there about 1/4 of the time. My theory is that he buys 4 20-game packs and sits in different sections of the ballpark. I still see hiim there on occasions, but I don't look for him anymore.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

From what I see I will definitely be in the minority here but I can't stand the "Iceman". My wife and I always cringe when we see him at the spring games. He's more obnoxious than fun in my opinion. Glad to see that other people enjoy him though. To add some positivity to my post though... I do love seeing the doorman and his wife at the games. He adds to the excitement when he shows the recently K'ed hitter the door to the bench. I also LOVE that the Doorman and the Happy Youngster occasionally post on this site. Also, I second Brian the Automator. This site is awesome. The in-game threads, covering the majors, minors, the draft, trade proposals, Power 50. It really is a Brewers fan's dream.

The Maniac (at least in 07 and 08) sat in the club level on Sunday home games, but I saw him else where on non-Sunday games. I vote for him for sure. Also, need to add that I see him frequently walk to games from his home on 94th and Bluemound.

Freeway is definitely more of a Buck HOFer in my mind (not to say he shouldn't be included in this)

The "Hammer Head" bucket guy (i think?) Had the mechanical bat that pounded on his bucket head during buck head games.

There is a guy who wears a shiny blue cape and yellow mask, i see him in the bleachers from time to time.

My personal HOF includes "shirtless Jenkins kid" who wore a Jenkins shirts with the sleeves cut way way off (think arm holes from the shoulder to almost the waist.) I think towards the end of the season it might have just sat over him like a sandwhich board. This was in 08, post Jenkins year. Saw him a few times in the left field bleachers.

I could be wrong, but am fairly certain that the Maniac's name is Robert "The Maniac" Bedoin.

Maniac Interview

Ah, OK. I know who The Maniac is now, but the guy I'm thinking of definitely isn't him...this guy sits (or sat, I haven't been at a game at MP in close to three years http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif ) in the club seats and was HUGE and very hairy: beard, long hair, etc. Occasionally they'd show him on the board as well but he wasn't as, uh, demonstrative as The Maniac, just very, uh, "present." Always present. I'm sure someone knows who I'm talking about, but maybe he doesn't belong by virtue of me having to explain.

I can also understand disliking the Iceman's schtick (and again, I haven't been to MP in years now and only saw about 10+ a year there when I lived in the Midwest), but I think it's hard to deny his addition to the humorous, tongue-in-cheek, ("$7?!? Ripoff!!!"), and yes, beery atmosphere of a summertime baseball crowd in Milwaukee.

Anyway, another second for BtA...besides a longtime font of often-hard-to-get info for me, this site has really been a home away from home in more ways than one. Well done, to say the least, and Respect.

Ah, I know that beard guy, he can be in the "scoreboard HOF"

Working for the scoreboard crew once in a while I picked up on some of their favorites, the guy with the beard, freeway when they could find him, an old lady who they always showed at the end of "God Bless America" who would be singing with her arm out, the maniac, a few others.

There is a guy who wears a shiny blue cape and yellow mask, i see him in the bleachers from time to time.

I forgot about "Super Brewer". (my name for him) He comes dressed like a superhero in Brewer colors. I see him in the SRO area by the RF pole. I second him.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

i watch every game on mlb.tv and there's a big guy, behind the plate. he's got mustache and often an afroamerican woman to his right. he always has a brewers gear on.

maybe he's the one you defined "the doorman" before, but for me, a foreign fan, he's the ultimate baseball fan he's miller park, i feel at home when i see him on my pc!

he's my legend he shows up every single time!

I remember the peanut guy. Vendor: "Peanuuuuuuuuts", crowd responds, Vendor: "Peeeeeeeeeeeeeanuts", crowd responds. You could even hear that exchange over the radio a few times.

I have a friend that saw Freeway in the sausage haus bathroom after a game last year. Freeway was not all that excited to be recognized, nor was he happy about being called Freeway.

i watch every game on mlb.tv and there's a big guy, behind the plate. he's got mustache and often an afroamerican woman to his right. he always has a brewers gear on.

maybe he's the one you defined "the doorman" before, but for me, a foreign fan, he's the ultimate baseball fan he's miller park, i feel at home when i see him on my pc!

he's my legend he shows up every single time!

Yes, kalle8, you are speaking of The Doorman. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif I'll bet he never thought he'd be known in multiple countries.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I remember the peanut guy. Vendor: "Peanuuuuuuuuts", crowd responds, Vendor: "Peeeeeeeeeeeeeanuts", crowd responds. You could even hear that exchange over the radio a few times.

I have a friend that saw Freeway in the sausage haus bathroom after a game last year. Freeway was not all that excited to be recognized, nor was he happy about being called Freeway.

Yeah, I remember this peanut vendor as well. I think it was about 10 years ago. He appeared to be a college age guy.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

yeah he doesn't like to be called freeway, just call him Mike and he will talk to you.
Do yourself a favor. Don't call him anything, and do not make eye contact. Ays someone who has had the misfortune of getting stuck in more than a handful of conversations with Freeway, trust me, you'll thank me.

I have a hard time getting behind a person for the Fan HoF that is paid to be at the game, or profits by being there. Maybe that's my own agenda by not wanting to see the Iceman get in. I think class of 09 ought to be Doorman and Happy Youngster.

Archived