Brewer Fanatic

When do we catch a break?

Seriously, we can not catch a break this season. Besides for pitching matchups, we can't get hits to fall, we can't get outs when we need them, we can't come up with the big defensive play when we need it. Rickie and Ryan both smoked balls up the middle that would have been hits. Rickie's was laced up the middle and unfortunatley the Reds were in double play depth, and Ryan's just missed going straight up the middle when it hit the pitchers mound and bounced up. I know the team wont make excuses but has our luck ran dry? I'm sick of watching us outplay teams and it not showing up in the right hand column.

Hopefully tomorrow since I'm going to the game and hopefully next week on what should be a tough road trip. If we lose the first 5 series of the year I have to assume it costs us any chance at the playoffs since we were on the edge of being a playoff team in the first place.

I don't know...it's so important for this team to keep the momentum they had going from last year, and right now it's just not happening at all.

I think it's clear that if Melvin is going to make a move for pitching, it's going to have to be sooner than later. They're looking like they need help bad right now. Hopefully Hoffman also comes off the DL pretty quick. Villanueva is not a closer, and to be honest, I don't think Gallardo is a #1 pitcher yet.

It's just too bad because overall I've liked what the offense has been doing.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived