Brewer Fanatic

Is it time to question Bill Castro?

Jofis11ep
I think we should question Bill Castro right now. What did he do to turn these seemingly bad pitchers into a pretty good rotation over the course of just a few weeks?

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why doesn't Bill Castro grow a really sweet 'stache?

I'm sorta curious as to the effect Stan Kyles is having on the bullpen. Besides DiFelice, none of the guys down there have really exceeded expectations while Julio and McClung have regressed.

The pitching staff is doing very well as a whole... certainly kudos go out to Castro.

I'm sorta curious as to the effect Stan Kyles is having on the bullpen. Besides DiFelice, none of the guys down there have really exceeded expectations while Julio and McClung have regressed.

And depending on who you talk with, DiFelice might not even really be exceeding expectations (I just mean pitching to his talents)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I also give Macca credit for pushing the right buttons when choosing relief pitchers. In particular he seems to put Stetter & Coffey into the games at just the right time. Still if the pitchers are performing then the Manager looks like a genious. Also, if any of our starters get hurt we have potential starters like Defelice & Villanueva that could step in without leaving big gaps in the bullpen. Times are good right now. Hope they last awhile.

I don't know who you give the credit to, but after looking like they would issue a number of walks that would, 90 feet at a time, be equivalent to a New York to San Francisco hike, the Crew's pitching staff is now fourth best in the NL in walks allowed.

Archived